tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My trip took me today throughout central west Wyoming. I could see a front was on the move. This I was more sure of when the Pronghorn were all bedding down. The one picture is an old cable drill rig left out in the boonies. I think it may have had a steam engine power it at one time? That's my relic find on this trip. The snow storm was very refreshing. It was a nice wind howling snow blast.

Attachments

• wyo a1.jpg
    wyo a1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • wyo a2.jpg
    wyo a2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
  • wyo a3.jpg
    wyo a3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 79
  • wyo a4.jpg
    wyo a4.jpg
    776.9 KB · Views: 68
  • wyo a5.jpg
    wyo a5.jpg
    756.5 KB · Views: 73
  • wyo a6.jpg
    wyo a6.jpg
    679 KB · Views: 67

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your pictures! :thumbsup: Interesting old rig.
"LIKE" Yes and No. Enjoying your photo's, but really not looking forward to winter coming on. We have already had our garden killing frosts, so the gardening is except the potato's still need to be dug up.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures tamrock:icon_thumleft: Why is "fall" so short? It was 40 here this morning.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great pictures, Tamrock. I like all of them, especially the ones showing the snow.
Any idea how old that 'drill rig' might be?
Going to Boise a few days ago, I saw some antelope about 100' from the interstate. Just grazing, acting like the traffic was just an everyday thing. ('Course it is an everyday thing to us.)

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures, Tamrock. I like all of them, especially the ones showing the snow.
Any idea how old that 'drill rig' might be?
Going to Boise a few days ago, I saw some antelope about 100' from the interstate. Just grazing, acting like the traffic was just an everyday thing. ('Course it is an everyday thing to us.)
I'm thinking that rig may be from the 1930s ?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your pictures! :thumbsup: Interesting old rig.
"LIKE" Yes and No. Enjoying your photo's, but really not looking forward to winter coming on. We have already had our garden killing frosts, so the gardening is except the potato's still need to be dug up.
This storm was a small fast moving dark cloud looking at it from the outside. Once I got to the other side it was clearing up pretty well. Whats the temps getting down too at night in your area? I may be heading that way here in the next couple weeks.:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This storm was a small fast moving dark cloud looking at it from the outside. Once I got to the other side it was clearing up pretty well. Whats the temps getting down too at night in your area? I may be heading that way here in the next couple weeks.:icon_thumleft:

Last night it got down to the mid 30s, and around 9:00 pm it was actually snowing, but it melted as it hit the ground. Woke up this morning with a heavy frost and clear skies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread