tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dog Bella is having a blast running around in the fresh snow we got last night. I need to remember when she's outside, because when her paws get packed with snow, she just lays down and gives up. She'd just take laying down and freezing to death over walking with snow packed paws to the back door to come in. Now need to get out and shovel the sidewalk sometime here this morning.

Attachments

• bella in the snow.jpg
    bella in the snow.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 103

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
We had a miniature poodle, and that dog would go nuts in the snow. He'd come in with snow packed in his hair and shivering cold, get dried off and warm and want back out again.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this little dog for my daughter around 7 years ago, but she's out on her own now, so I oversee two dogs and a cat here these days. The dogs sure enjoy the snow, but the cat could care less to go outside in this weather.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My grandson's cat wants outside occasionally. He'll try to scoot out the door if you don't watch out for him. We will let him 'slip' by sometime when the ground's covered with snow. He'll bound out, quickly stop, look back at the door, and look at us like 'What are you trying to do to me?!!) Sometime we'll let his stand there for a few seconds before opening the door to let him back in.
I've got a little chi/terrier mix. She'll be 14 years old in February. Her back stiffens up at times when she's been sleeping in the same position for a while. When I let her out in the snow, she'll step off the little porch, urinate, and quickly run back in when I open the door. Sometime she has to spend a little more time ou. I've thought a few times in the last couple of years, that I'd have to go out and bring her in. She will get part of the way back to the door and start staggering like her right rear leg is giving way. Then the leg seems to bother her for several minutes until she gets warm again. She was given a little 3 step 'Up and Under' for Christmas. It's to help her get up onto the bed without having to jump. Although I've got her to use it several times, she still jumps up onto the bed. I'll have to wait and see if she'll use it after she' been out in the cold for several minutes.
The other dog, the grandson's, likes to run through the snow; but only for a little while. Then she wants her paws cleaned and dried. 'Course, like most dogs, anything for a little attention!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quick correction. Macy will be only 13 in February. I've had her since '04.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi tamrock...a little snowball with eyes, very cute.

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a little Shih Tzu that is only 9 pounds. He is crazy over the snow. Plays in it and eats it and has a wonderful time. Let it rain and he will not step foot out the door. snow walk 001.JPG Here I am putting on his sweater, which he would rather do without.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a little Shih Tzu that is only 9 pounds. He is crazy over the snow. Plays in it and eats it and has a wonderful time. Let it rain and he will not step foot out the door. Here I am putting on his sweater, which he would rather do without.
That's Great! Nothing better then just relaxing in the ole ez chair.;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread