Advertisement, but not spam

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Back in early December, I took this picture out of boredom while waiting to load bricks in Pueblo, CO. The sun was from the wrong direction, so I made an HDR out of it, and didn't think much of it. I sent it to my company, and a few days ago, they sent this to me and showed me what they had done with it, and asked if they could use it for an ad in a nation wide truck magazine.

I'm at home now, and looks like I'll be off work for a while. Have to have surgery for a hernia soon, and they said I will be off for three to four weeks after that.

Attachments

• COTC.jpg
    COTC.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 117

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, excellent! Wow!

And a speedy recovery from your surgery.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Done! Now maybe you could sell some of your photo's to advertising agencies.

Pray that your hernia operation goes well. I had a double hernia operation back in November. Remember no lifting 10+ lbs for at least a month.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ron,

What is a good FREE.............HDR software.Something I'd like to try.

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Hi Chris, I use photomatix. It's a free download you can try, but your pictures will have the photomatix watermark on them. If you decide you like it, it costs 99.00 to get them to send you a license key to make the watermark go away. I tried it for quite a while when I first downloaded it a few years ago. If I remember right it seems as long as the pictures were downsized pretty small, there was no watermark, even on the trial download. Here is the link Download HDR Photography software Photomatix

There may be something free that I don't know about.

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Graphic Artist you are. Be an excellent business card.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that picture, very nice!:thumbsup:

And sorry to hear about the upcoming surgery, maybe you can spend you free time taking some more great pictures for us to see.:)

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hoping for a fast recovery for you, Ron.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
And you might be interested in this one, it's free https://www.google.com/nikcollection/products/hdr-efex-pro/

That one is simply a plug-in. You will need Photoshop or a similar photo editing program to use it.

I always suggest PaintShop Pro (by Corel, the folks who make word perfect). About $ 50 @ newegg.com, but they have fantastic loyalty discounts once you become a member.

Also, it does real HDR processing without the need of a plugin that pretends to create an HDR image.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations! :hello2: :headbang: :occasion14:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice work Ron! :occasion14:

Now I see who you drive for. Used to run into your guys all the time
back in the mid-90's when I was pulling flatbeds for Craig Scheckla out of
Sheridan, Wy.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Nice work Ron! :occasion14:

Now I see who you drive for. Used to run into your guys all the time
back in the mid-90's when I was pulling flatbeds for Craig Scheckla out of
Sheridan, Wy.
Surprised someone found this old thread. I posted this back in January of 2015....I've worked for this company off and on for about eight years now....I've crossed paths with those Sheckla trucks before. Who knows we might have met at some point.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Done! Now maybe you could sell some of your photo's to advertising agencies.

Pray that your hernia operation goes well. I had a double hernia operation back in November. Remember no lifting 10+ lbs for at least a month.
I had a double done 15 years ago. Make sure they give you lots of drugs and take them before the injection wears off. It uummm HURTS for a few days.

When I had mine done I was whining to my grandmother about it. She of course was giving me the "you poor dear' treatment I said "Yeah I have to sit down to pee" "you poor dear" I said "Yeah, the doctor told me not to lift anything heavy" My grandmother was literally rolling around on the floor laughing. Miss her!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread