Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in the high country, if the option is available I try pick a campsite away from and higher up from the river or creek. I've noticed I gain about a degree of temp for every 100ft. in elevation gain in the night time. Last night when I was in Chafee County, CO, I camped east of the Arkansas about 400 or 500ft. higher. At 4a.m. it was 31 degrees in camp and 25 degrees along the riverbank. I suppose this is cause cold settles, and a couple of degrees doesn't sound like much, but when temps are down around 0 in the area, a couple of degrees means a lot, and something most folks never really think about.

Attachments

• 1-26d.jpg
    1-26d.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 1-26h.jpg
    1-26h.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 1-26i.jpg
    1-26i.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 1-26j.jpg
    1-26j.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 85
  • 1-26k.jpg
    1-26k.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fine looking day. Did you get a cloudless night out there and enjoy some of the stars?

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent clear night, tamrock. Everybody should have the experience of fallin asleep lookin up at the Milky Way at least once in their lives. In the second pic the blue dot is a hole in the rock. So bein a follower of the treasure signs and symbols forum, I made it up the other side and looked through it. It was eerie. I saw the exact spot I took this pic from.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very, very cool RGINN. I like how you roll. Was wondering about that blue spot, but you answered my question before I asked it. That's wild. Thanks for taking us all along ;) Yakker

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and sometimes it's even warmer in camp, pb, if Maria comes along. But she will not camp in any month with an 'r' in the name, haha!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread