tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took this on this morning out the window and it's mostly the cause of all the dust kicked up on I-25 out east of me. Weather man says we'll see a 60 degree day here on the front range, but I'm heading out this morning to the high country away from all this splendor, warm day and noise. Lucky for me, I'll get away also from what as known as light pollution of the night sky for a few days this week. I do like the peace and quiet of the Rockies covered in the sound proofing deep snow and the crystal clear star lite nights. I won't even be sad if I hit a high country blizzard either, as they are calling for something coming in this week. They're simply awesome to be in. One time I was in a blizzard that was so intense, it charged my vehicle with static electricity and my truck had a blue flame halo, know as Saint Elmo's fire coming off the top of my radio antenna at night. Wish I had a camera that night. I've never seen that ever again.

Attachments

• brown cloud.jpg
    brown cloud.jpg
    760.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...brown cloud and pollution, ha! Another reason I hardly ever come down out of the mountains. Never saw a blue-bird sky til I moved up here. If you ever get down there, the area around Clayton New Mexico is one of the best I've ever seen for no light pollution.

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
I remember one time when my son was in cub scouts and the whole gang went to a winter resort for the day to go sledding. On the way back home we watched an amazing sunset that seemed to go on for a long time with blazing like in your picture.

Thanks for the reminder.
Sidevalve45

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful sky! Thank you for sharing.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ooooh Pretty tamrock...love those sunrises! How interesting about the "St. Elmo's Fire" story, yeah wish you had you camera then to.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Took this on this morning out the window and it's mostly the cause of all the dust kicked up on I-25 out east of me. Weather man says we'll see a 60 degree day here on the front range, but I'm heading out this morning to the high country away from all this splendor, warm day and noise. Lucky for me, I'll get away also from what as known as light pollution of the night sky for a few days this week. I do like the peace and quiet of the Rockies covered in the sound proofing deep snow and the crystal clear star lite nights. I won't even be sad if I hit a high country blizzard either, as they are calling for something coming in this week. They're simply awesome to be in. One time I was in a blizzard that was so intense, it charged my vehicle with static electricity and my truck had a blue flame halo, know as Saint Elmo's fire coming off the top of my radio antenna at night. Wish I had a camera that night. I've never seen that ever again.

Are you sure the St. Elmos Fire wasn't caused by this??:laughing7:

Attachments

• ts_dx3200_pic06.jpg
    ts_dx3200_pic06.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 50

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread