Burled lodgepole pine.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
It's a queen size. This is the last bed I made.

Guess you can tell I'm bored. I have to make a decision in the next couple of weeks, whether I'm going to go back to living in a dang truck, or take the summer off, and stay home, and try to build a log cabin.

Attachments

• queenburlbed026_RT8.jpg
    queenburlbed026_RT8.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 100
  • queenburlbed030_RT8.jpg
    queenburlbed030_RT8.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 94
  • queenburlbed035_RT8.jpg
    queenburlbed035_RT8.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 99

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that is one gnarly bed

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Guess you can tell I'm bored. I have to make a decision in the next couple of weeks, whether I'm going to go back to living in a dang truck, or take the summer off, and stay home, and try to build a log cabin.

do you have a website? I would like to see what else you make... this is just flat out awesome

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
do you have a website? I would like to see what else you make... this is just flat out awesome
Thanks John, and all.

I had a website for a long time, but I closed it out about three years ago after my wife passed away. I haven't had time to make anything in a long time, due to a long haul truck driving job.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That bed is wonderful. I'd take a break from that OTR and do some relaxing for the summer. You'd be doing yourself better working your mind and body in other ways then putting your mind in the zone for hours on end. You can be back behind the wheel of that big truck any day you want. Buddy of mine quit England he thought for a bit and started building kayaks. He's been off the road for years now. I don't drive like you do. I'm to much of a lightweight.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice job Ron..... Looks like the woodwork in Old Faithful Lodge in Yellowstone N.P.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
That bed is wonderful. I'd take a break from that OTR and do some relaxing for the summer. You'd be doing yourself better working your mind and body in other ways then putting your mind in the zone for hours on end. You can be back behind the wheel of that big truck any day you want. Buddy of mine quit England he thought for a bit and started building kayaks. He's been off the road for years now. I don't drive like you do. I'm to much of a lightweight.
Thanks Grant, Very true about going back to driving. That's the main reason I started driving truck about 25 years ago, so I would have something to fall back on when I couldn't find anything else. Sometimes these trucking companies will somehow find and contact anyone with some experience and a clean record even when they haven't applied for a job.

JRedHorse

Feb 1, 2015
from NH relocating to FL summer 2015
Detector(s) used
I have a Teknetics Gamma 6000 Metal Detector but will be upgrading when I hit FL.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

That is absolutely Breath taking, I'd love a bed like that, is it for sale?

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! Love your work, looks great.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You definitely have an awesome talent.
Jim

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks John, and all.

I had a website for a long time, but I closed it out about three years ago after my wife passed away. I haven't had time to make anything in a long time, due to a long haul truck driving job.

sorry to hear that, I was an otr trucker as well... my wife wanted me home more so I quit that and all I do is full time prospecting

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

do you have pictures of other things you've made?

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
do you have pictures of other things you've made?
Thanks John,

I lost lots of pictures when a computer crashed. Have lots more juniper lamps in photobucket. Here's an old picture of our booth at a home show from a long time ago. There are several sizes of juniper beds in the photo, from toddler size to king.

Also just found this saddle stand made from lodgepole pine.

The table is made from a lodgepole pine root base, and a Pondarosa pine top. The Pondarosa was a huge old dead tree that fell across a road. I cut it to clear the road and kept one piece. I cut some slabs from it with a chainsaw, and ran them through my little planer, to use to make the top.

Attachments

• lamps6-21-6044.jpg
    lamps6-21-6044.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 53
  • HighlightsShadows-Light1-13.jpg
    HighlightsShadows-Light1-13.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 47
  • saddllestands008_RJ.jpg
    saddllestands008_RJ.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 53

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, fine work. Hell, take the summer off, come down here to Colorado and look us up. You should take a look at that beetle killed pine that we have forests and forests of. Some guys are doin some work with that and it does finish out pretty nice lookin, kind of a blue cast to it. Plenty of it around, bring a trailer and Tamrock will help you load it up while I sit in the shade and supervise, haha!

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks John,

I lost lots of pictures when a computer crashed. Have lots more juniper lamps in photobucket. Here's an old picture of our booth at a home show from a long time ago. There are several sizes of juniper beds in the photo, from toddler size to king.

Also just found this saddle stand made from lodgepole pine.

The table is made from a lodgepole pine root base, and a Pondarosa pine top. The Pondarosa was a huge old dead tree that fell across a road. I cut it to clear the road and kept one piece. I cut some slabs from it with a chainsaw, and ran them through my little planer, to use to make the top.

WOW!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ron, you're missing your 'calling'! Those old trucks will wait. Those are some the most amazing pieces I've ever seen. Love 'em.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread