• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    368.9 KB · Views: 83

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We've got about 4 regulars that play in the trees in our backyard. I love to watch 'em. I get on the treadmill several times a week. Mostly in the early morning hours, about daylight. I open the curtain on the back door so I can watch. Most mornings there will be from 2 to 4 of them searching the ground for bits of something to eat. I don't try to feed 'em though. They look like they're well nourished. My little chi/terrier loves to try to catch them, but isn't fast enough, thankfully! I got a scare a couple of days ago. A squirrel was at the edge of the patio when I let her out. She made a run at it. The angle was almost enough for her to catch the squirrel! She was within about 3 inches of it when it started up the tree. At 13 years old, and just over 9 pounds, I don't even want to think of what would happen if she did catch one!

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
We've got about 4 regulars that play in the trees in our backyard. I love to watch 'em. I get on the treadmill several times a week. Mostly in the early morning hours, about daylight. I open the curtain on the back door so I can watch. Most mornings there will be from 2 to 4 of them searching the ground for bits of something to eat. I don't try to feed 'em though. They look like they're well nourished. My little chi/terrier loves to try to catch them, but isn't fast enough, thankfully! I got a scare a couple of days ago. A squirrel was at the edge of the patio when I let her out. She made a run at it. The angle was almost enough for her to catch the squirrel! She was within about 3 inches of it when it started up the tree. At 13 years old, and just over 9 pounds, I don't even want to think of what would happen if she did catch one!
I know a few dogs that caught one ONCE,guess they don't like pierced noses.:laughing7:

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the hawk, but I like mine grilled.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ha thought this thread was about me

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It may still be, Jeff. Just disguised.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread