Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few years ago, 2 men in a small travel trailer with bobcat, backhoe, gas powered welder and tools spent a few weeks constructing what I thought at first was just a fence to keep homeless people and adventurers out of what we call " The Ice Cave " because of possible liabilities from accidents. I think that still was the intention, but using the bats as cover probably gave the owners a way of having government money pay for it instead of themselves.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    828.7 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 82
Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the "cave" is actually a mine subsidence , spent a dangerous night crawling between fallen rocks down there . wasn't paying any attention to any bats.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're right Dave. The locals just call it that because there is still ice visible at the entrance sometimes on July 4th. I always thought about going in, but could never find anyone who wanted to go, and I wasn't going to chance it alone. A few years ago during the " white nose " problem the bats were having here, I got a pic of one on a tree near there with snow on the ground. They were expending so much energy trying to fight the disease that they were trying to find food in the middle of winter. Was very weird to see them flying around with snow present.

Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
from the view of the 3rd picture if you head in the direction of 10 o clock-ish there should be another "safer" entrance if they didn't fill or cage that in.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, there is but it is caged too. Even the top on it. They put in a large ribbed plastic drain pipe in it. It is at the base of a rock cliff, right?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions