Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camped here last night, west and south of Trout Creek Pass. It was fixin to rain, so I wanted to hurry and get the tarp up and keep a small piece of ground dry. It started to drizzle, but not to worry about gettin wet cause that quickly turned to sleet then pea-sized hail which quit as soon as I got the tarp up. After a brief intermission where I was able to get out and look for jasper deposits (not much here, it seems to be farther down the creek) the main feature for the afternoon started up. A very bad T-storm came up, but lucky day it passed to the east and hammered Bayou Salado. After supper it commenced to rain and rained all night long, pretty much. But no snow and it stayed above freezin. Great day over all, I thought.

Attachments

• 5-4a.jpg
    5-4a.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 5-4b.jpg
    5-4b.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 5-4c.jpg
    5-4c.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 5-4d.jpg
    5-4d.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 5-4e.jpg
    5-4e.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 75

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is it the shape of a mushroom the Gulch got named after?

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without doin some research I don't know, pepperj. May not be anything on it, cause here in Colorado if there wasn't a big gold or silver strike in an area you can't find much info on it. On the topo it doesn't look like a mushroom, and I didn't see any mushrooms there. Maybe thats a corruption of the Ute name for it, which probably meant 'this place we're at now'.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty day with the exception of that dark cloud. So did ya figure out what's up on the Princeton post ??

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Without doin some research I don't know, pepperj. May not be anything on it, cause here in Colorado if there wasn't a big gold or silver strike in an area you can't find much info on it. On the topo it doesn't look like a mushroom, and I didn't see any mushrooms there. Maybe thats a corruption of the Ute name for it, which probably meant 'this place we're at now'.

Maybe a big nugget in the shape of a mushroom was found there.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that would be a thing, pepperj, and it would be remembered in history, like 'Tom's Baby' up here at Breck. This wasn't a big gold or silver producing area in this part of the state. Best places were up here in Summit County around Breckenridge and over in Lake County in California Gulch. Chaffee county kinda came up on the short end of the gold and silver deal, but there were other minerals present that were mined.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never herd of any gold up that way. There are some fossils further up in Bassam Park and a lot of beautiful country with Big Elk up that way. Bassam is a great place to visit in the latter fall when everybody goes away. Your post reminded me of some visits I had up that way. I'm thinking I may take some time to head up to Bassam this summer at least once.

Attachments

• bassam park.jpg
    bassam park.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 137

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't been on this page in quite a while But, I see you are still posting those beautiful pictures!!

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be that mushrooms grew, or still grow there at a certain time.

Homar

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread