tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1st pic is the Wasatch front coming out of Eureka Utah last evening on my way to Green River for the night. I got up and left Green River Utah this morning around 6:45am, heading for home. When I stay in GR, I will very often head east on the old dilapidated highway 6. It's a great way to start the day out nice and slow. Each time I've gone on this old stretch of road I've never once seen another vehicle on it for the 7 or so miles it goes before I hook up on interstate 70. I'm thinking this is about the greenest I've ever seen this country out in the middle of nothing. The one antelope seem to agree it's got to be the best time of the year here in this arid high plains desert. No doubt he was dig'n these rains and getting rid of his winter coat. I also took a picture of the one and only tree out here. This Elm tree some how found a place to put down it's roots in this land of nothing.

Attachments

• utah GR 1.jpg
    utah GR 1.jpg
    699.8 KB · Views: 70
  • utah GR 2.jpg
    utah GR 2.jpg
    909.9 KB · Views: 102
  • utah GR 3.jpg
    utah GR 3.jpg
    976 KB · Views: 89
  • utah GR 4.jpg
    utah GR 4.jpg
    978.1 KB · Views: 110

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is like NY for me... Nice to look at, even better on a big 110" projection screen, would not feel comfy being there in person.. car engine stops with a rattle.. car coasting to a silent stop.. No, no thanks.. but thanks for posting the pics!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is like NY for me... Nice to look at, even better on a big 110" projection screen, would not feel comfy being there in person.. car engine stops with a rattle.. car coasting to a silent stop.. No, no thanks.. but thanks for posting the pics!
That's why I picked the Ford 300 ci six. It now has 305'000 on it and oil changes and one set of plugs is the only maintenance I've ever done so far on that engine. My Power Stroke has left me hanging before, dang thing up and quit on me a couple times with a screwed up cam sensor. Those diesels just got to much stuff to fail IMO. For years the UPS trucks ran the motor I have and it was for good reason. I will say though going up Vail pass today made me think I may be due to have the head on my inline done sometime soon. It's not pull'n the hill like it did before. I'm thinking my exhaust valves may be weeping a little?. Still it got up and over that big hill with no chug's or misses.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Love that big lonesome country. You ever been in the Black Rock in Nevada?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that big lonesome country. You ever been in the Black Rock in Nevada?
Me too!, I've been close to the Black Rock desert. There was a short lived mine called the Rose Bud out that way. I went just north of Winnemucca and took a gravel road that went NE out that way for 50 or 60 miles. That was the land of the Paiutes legendary Saiduka or better known as the Lovelock Giants. Ever read that story? Who knows what all that area was like 12'000 years ago when it was all under water by the prehistoric lake Lahontan.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great pictures! Looks like a very lonely place.
The old straight 6s are hard to beat. I have a '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 193K+ miles on it. It still shows very little, if any, oil usage between changes. I've had it 5 years and don't know if anything has been done to the engine before I got it. I've only changed the oil since I've had it. I've been intending to change the plugs, but haven't got around to it yet. So far it's never failed me yet. I've been from Idaho to Texas and back. I went back there a few days after I bought the Jeep. I spent almost 2 months visiting friends and family from Houston to Dallas, and from west of Waco to Athens areas. Only problem I had was locking my self out one night and having to recover the spare key that was bolted to the trailer hitch. Sure glad I spotted that before it happened! I've always tried to carry a spare key in my left pocket since back in the late 1970s, but hadn't got another spare for the Jeep. I was under the Jeep looking things over when I spotted the spare, but just left it there instead of having to get out from under, get tools from the toolbox, and get back under to remove it. I had to borrow a screw driver and a pair of pliers from a man parked next to me when I lock myself out. He thought it very funny; I didn't then---guess it is now!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Green River has a nice little campground in town there pretty close to some train tracks. Me and Maria stayed there one night and those trains came through and shook the ground. Pretty cool I thought, but maybe why no other campers present.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Green River has a nice little campground in town there pretty close to some train tracks. Me and Maria stayed there one night and those trains came through and shook the ground. Pretty cool I thought, but maybe why no other campers present.
I've always like to stay in Green River, UT and have many many times over the years... friendly spirits there. Next time your out that way check out Sego Canyon to the east of GR and north of Thompson Springs, UT .

Last edited:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I CAN SEE FOR MILES AND MILES, REPEAT, REPEAT ,AND MILES AND MILES AND MILES AND MILES!!!!! SECOND PIC REMINDS OF THE 20 T0 30 MILES OF STRAIGHT STRETCHES IN TEXAS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread