Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent a couple of nights down there and I had forgot how much I miss chiggers, but I'll think about them for a week or so now. Note the size of the buffalo bull in relation to the cars in front of me. In the pic of Panther creek flowing into Burford Lake you can see the result of flooding and a tornado touching down there. Saw a couple of twin fawns. Next a pic of Treasure Lake or Post Oak Lake (confusion on the which is which on these side by side lakes) in the area of a lot of the Cave With the Iron Door sightings. Lastly, Meers. Part of this cobbled together construction dates back to the gold rush days of 1901. Doesn't look like someplace you would stop, but they are world famous for the Meersburger, a dinner plate size hamburger of Longhorn beef. Long time ago, we could anytime just park out front and walk in and sit down and order one. There would be a few people. Last few years, there's been a long line out front and cars parked for a quarter of a mile along both sides of the road there, so haven't made it back there for awhile. If you go, it is my understanding they only accept cash, no checks or credit cards.

Attachments

• 6-7d.jpg
    6-7d.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 6-7e.jpg
    6-7e.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 6-7f.jpg
    6-7f.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 6-7q.jpg
    6-7q.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 6-7t.jpg
    6-7t.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 60

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My ex's uncle lived on Lake Lawtonka. I only ever went there once, but her cousin took me up Mount Scott and on the way we saw the bison there in the park at the base. That is my only encounter, but it impressed me. That whole area is very picturesque. Turner Falls and the Broken Bow area were favorite Oklahoma destinations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread