tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a hot 90+ degree day yesterday and this thunderhead was so kind to build up just to the west of me and cool things down a bit in the late afternoon. It was awesome to stand underneath it as it built up over me. It didn't offer any rain though and I guess that's, okay as the mosquito's don't need any more places to breed IMO. It looked very pretty when is moved further east and the setting sun shined upon it.

Attachments

• thunderhead 1a.jpg
    thunderhead 1a.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 73
  • thunderhead 1b.jpg
    thunderhead 1b.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 67
  • thunderhead 1.jpg
    thunderhead 1.jpg
    518.1 KB · Views: 80

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real Nice! Kind of looks like those clouds that I took last fall.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real Nice! Kind of looks like those clouds that I took last fall.
Things heat'n up your way? I went to BT one time last summer and it was 100+ I didn't like that much at all. Coolest thunder storm I ever came across was driving northbound 90 about 10pm. It was a solid storm of continuous lighting strikes from Wyola to Billings. The folks in Columbus mentioned the storm also, so it extended even further west then I went that night. The whole Beartooth range was sure putt'n on a show that night. I think it may be like 4 years ago now when I was fortunate enough to witness that. I think I could have stayed on the road without running my headlights that night as that's how frequent the lightning strikes were hitting.

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is, suppose to get up into the high ninety's by the weekend. The other day there were some really strong winds and hail in the Billings area, but no rain here. I don't mind the heat as long as the humidity is low and there is a slight breeze. Well everybody, drink your fluids and stay cool.

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
beautiful cloud formations. It's amazing how something so beautiful can spawn such destruction at times.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo_picture.gif
B U T FULL but the damage those puppies can cause!
Normally they just go overhead from where they form at the foothills. This one was building up with a strong upward blast of pretty warm dry air over my head. In the last picture it had moved pretty quickly to the eastern plains and that's where they really begin to get mean. You can see the lighting in them really intensify when they move out over the plains. So far they've pretty good to me from where I live.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really like clouds pictures...very nice shots tamrock.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread