tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lately I've been feeling a bit wimped out and sluggish. Maybe this low-T business is starting to come around at this age? So I decided I'll get the bike tires filled with air and after maybe 2 years of ever riding it, I decided to see how far I could go. I don't like to ride on the busy roads, but I can hit the quite streets and alleyways of the old parts of town to get around all those heavy traveled roads, plus I can smell what folks are cook'n for dinner and some of those smells made me want to knock on the door and ask what ya cook'n?. In the county of Boulder where I live they've built miles of hiking pathways for folks to enjoy. I don't know how many miles I went, but I was out for a few hours along the paths that follow two creek systems know as Coal creek and Rock creek. This old RR trestle with the smell of it's creosote treated timbers took me back to a time when me and my buddy's would walk along the railroad tracks for miles it seems, with our 22's pop'n off cans, bottles and what ever else looked like it needed to be shot at. Along the trail of Rock creek there were Magpies making their call as I approached and you don't see or hear them any where around the developed areas. Saw lots the cool things of nature such as these black Dragonfly's down in the creek and frogs jumping away as I explored around this little muddy creek called Rock creek. It started to rain on my way back and it cooled down some by the time I got home and that made a nice way to cool off. Mama's been bugging me about getting a check up here, so I guess I'll make the call and meet her request here today I'm thinking, as I've not done that in years now. I think I'm going to try and do this again later this afternoon and maybe make a routine of it?. I may even toss that bike in the truck when I head out on the road for work. What you say RGINN you up for one more frontranger cruisin the streets of Frisco on a two wheeler??

Attachments

• coal creek 1.jpg
    coal creek 1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 58
  • coal creek 2.jpg
    coal creek 2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 58
  • coal creek 5a.jpg
    coal creek 5a.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 64
  • coal creek 3.jpg
    coal creek 3.jpg
    778.7 KB · Views: 62
  • coal creek 4.jpg
    coal creek 4.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 55

Bullet:Mich.

Mar 20, 2003
Michigan USA
Thanks for sharing your day with us with the good pictures. I never did much bike riding but I have rode and drove my mules and horses many miles in a day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread