worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well,new for summer anyway.I walked the perimeter of the meadows,it has a history going back to

029.JPG

This area has been freshly plowed,I sure will be happy to get my machine back.
033.JPG 035.JPG
036.JPG

The perimeter is an oxbow,very swampy and a surprise to me with the Lotus growing.

025.JPG

Cattails along the way

011.JPG 005.JPG

Never see these before,part shade

006.JPG

Full sun

016.JPG

Morning Glories

019.JPG

Couple of bugs

017.JPG 023.JPG

I was hoping to see the builder of this nest..no luck.

019.JPG

Glad these are on the edge of the field.

031.JPG

This was in the middle of the field.

038.JPG

Concord Grapes are abundant this year.

001.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

Last edited:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Chris
The flowers,catails and bugs are beautiful.....but the plowed field makes me drool !
Hope your machine comes home soon !
Gary

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Chris
The flowers,catails and bugs are beautiful.....but the plowed field makes me drool !
Hope your machine comes home soon !
Gary

Gary,

I sent it out June 30th..they received it July 2nd.. there is a 20 day backlog on repairs,I might get it back by the end of the month.There is a lot on the surface,just think what lies below,now it's a waiting me to find it.:laughing7:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well worth the walk I'd say. I have a field behind me that yields broken glass and china also. I've been picking up things on it for years now. It was a dump from the late 19th century I'm sure of, as that is what most of what I find dates around. The farmer plows it every other year it seems and the years he doesn't the rain washes off more finds. I'll bet an MD will turn up some interesting relic's of metal if you have a go at that location. Great pictures Chris.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well worth the walk I'd say. I have a field behind me that yields broken glass and china also. I've been picking up things on it for years now. It was a dump from the late 19th century I'm sure of, as that is what most of what I find dates around. The farmer plows it every other year it seems and the years he doesn't the rain washes off more finds. I'll bet an MD will turn up some interesting relic's of metal if you have a go at that location. Great pictures Chris.

I found this a couple years ago there.

003.JPG

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to be a nice spot, good luck :thumbsup:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy you better get after it. That medal looks like hand engraved sterling. Definitely a 19th C. piece I'm thinking?. Thats killer!. All I found in the way of jewelry in the old relic field by me was with my eyes. A prairie dog dug this ring up and I was hoping it was dirty gold when I spotted it, but turned out to be base metal that was at one time plated imo. It is old though and missing the stone.

Attachments

• ring found.jpg
    ring found.jpg
    928.6 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Boy you better get after it. That medal looks like hand engraved sterling. Definitely a 19th C. piece I'm thinking?. Thats killer!. All I found in the way of jewelry in the old relic field by me was with my eyes. A prairie dog dug this ring up and I was hoping it was dirty gold when I spotted it, but turned out to be base metal that was at one time plated imo. It is old though and missing the stone.

Grant,

This area is not seen by driving by,unless you live in the area you would never know it was there.

Should have been named Hidden Valley.:laughing7:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an opportunist field! Good luck when you get the detector back. Looks like a squirrel's nest, and the feather looks like Woodpecker.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

It's heavy Silver Plate,I posted it on 'what is it' for age..I still don't know.

I never knew BaseBall went back this far..Baseball History: 19th Century Baseball: The Field: Evolution of the Bases and Foul Lines

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope your detector comes home soon...after it does, the rest is up to you. You have a good looking spot...go get 'em!

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope your detector comes home soon...after it does, the rest is up to you. You have a good looking spot...go get 'em!

I'm going down early tomorrow morning to see the guy that works it,I sure hope He doesn't plant it before I get my machine back,sigh.....

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's heavy Silver Plate,I posted it on 'what is it' for age..I still don't know.

I never knew BaseBall went back this far..Baseball History: 19th Century Baseball: The Field: Evolution of the Bases and Foul Lines

Looking at how the image of the baseball is portrayed and the two pieces of hide stitching a ball like that was first introduced in 1872. To me the style of the etching looks later 19th C. That is the period it is from imo. 1870s to very early 1900s. I think it would have a decent value to collectors also. Early American sports collectibles are highly sought after.

Last edited:
OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking at how the image of the baseball is portrayed and the two pieces of hide stitching a ball like that was first introduced in 1872. To me the style of the etching looks later 19th C. That is the period it is from imo. 1870s to very early 1900s. I think it would have a decent value to collectors also. Early American sports collectibles are highly sought after.

Grant,
I've been searching Google for clues on the age,the little tail piece broke off(when will I learn NOT to bend brass)now I'll take it to a Jeweler for a fix.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread