Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see this from a distance. Hmmmmm.

DSCN8895.JPG

I better zoom in a bit.

DSCN8896.JPG

Wait, everyone is here! We have some Egrets, a few gulls, a Pelican or two, quite a few cormorants, and some sea lions. a couple of seals too I think.

DSCN8905.JPG

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When I saw the first photo it reminded me of photos showing the bathing beaches in China on a not so busy day. If you really think you can use a few more Cormorants we have 10's of thousands around the Great Lakes that nobody will miss. Fishy smelly liquid cement flying machines, and I don't care for them really, as this is just one hit on the truck.
IMG_20150502_115243020.jpg

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should be open season on cormorants, as their population is out of control. 3 or 4 on a pond are cool to watch, but they're moving in with colonies of 500 to a 1,000. It seems to me that with milder winters they've quit migrating and started setting up shop year round in places they haven't been before. They're very smart and very efficient fishermen and can take out a fish population in no time at all. Plus like seagulls they crap all over everything.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I saw the first photo it reminded me of photos showing the bathing beaches in China on a not so busy day. If you really think you can use a few more Cormorants we have 10's of thousands around the Great Lakes that nobody will miss. Fishy smelly liquid cement flying machines, and I don't care for them really, as this is just one hit on the truck.
View attachment 1195776
===========================================================
YIKES !!!!

If that was my truck some retaliation would be in order.
Not the "Alka-Seltzer tab" variety,, that's cruel,,

BUT

Some of the "HOT SAUCE" style may have them move to a new place.

Funny stuff,,,,take your pick.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=hot+sauce+for+seagull&safe=active&tbm=vid

NOT advocating injuring anything,,, I just saw these videos the other day,,then saw this thread,,,and made a relational connection.

Hehhehheh
Hit

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Should be open season on cormorants, as their population is out of control. 3 or 4 on a pond are cool to watch, but they're moving in with colonies of 500 to a 1,000. It seems to me that with milder winters they've quit migrating and started setting up shop year round in places they haven't been before. They're very smart and very efficient fishermen and can take out a fish population in no time at all. Plus like seagulls they crap all over everything.

Last count years ago the Ministry estimated that there was 60K of the crapping things, 30 tons of fish are taken everyday.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Do they taste like chicken ? :)

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Last count years ago the Ministry estimated that there was 60K of the crapping things, 30 tons of fish are taken everyday.

Wow! That an insane number of birds! The pic I posted...that's the biggest group I've seen around here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread