110 ton trailer built for hauling wind turbines.......

Auba14

Jun 17, 2015
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
110 ton trailer.jpeg

Big trailer we made at where I work. This is 1 of 1. Not sure if more will be ordered. Supposed to be somewhere out on the East coast. If you see it give me a "shout".

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How Great, you were a part of building that piece of modern marvel. I've only seen it's cousin making a turn in Poncha Springs Colorado and it's Great Granddad in Death Valley, plus I saw once an other relative heading west in Northern Nevada as I was going east on I80 hauling an autoclave to the gold mines. That one had highway patrol cars flashing lights in from and back and a very long line of big rigs and other vehicles behind that. I was glade I was going the other way.

Attachments

• heavy haul.jpg
    heavy haul.jpg
    750.6 KB · Views: 58
  • heavy haul 20 mule.jpg
    heavy haul 20 mule.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
  • heavy haul nevada.jpg
    heavy haul nevada.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
In my RV, where ever it may stop!
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool Auba14!

Tamrock - If memory serves me the autoclave was going to one of Newmont's mines. At bridge crossings they had to beef up exit/on rams to support the weight and they only moved it for about 4 hrs/day to minimize traffic. I believe it was fabbed near Salt Lake City.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool Auba14!

Tamrock - If memory serves me the autoclave was going to one of Newmont's mines. At bridge crossings they had to beef up exit/on rams to support the weight and they only moved it for about 4 hrs/day to minimize traffic. I believe it was fabbed near Salt Lake City.
No doubt it was going to either one of Newmon'ts or Barricks mines.? Their the only ones who got the kind of cash to buy things like that. Recently Newmont acquired the CC&V gold mine in Cripple Creek. I went there about 3 weeks ago and have been told there are plans to develop an underground operation there. Newmont to Add Profitable Production with Purchase of Cripple Creek & Victor Mine in Colorado | Business Wire

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I see something similar to that in the late 80's hauling a Power Plant made in Poland to the
Industrial Park down the road from here.

GOD Bless

Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread