tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I took a day off of work and headed to Rocky Mountain National a second time this week, because the 20 dollar pass you buy is good for 7 days, so why not go again?. The pictures start at the top of the peaks and head down. Even right now I still feel the effects of the extreme altitude being two miles high above the sea sitting here on the one mile mark of the front range. It's a real relaxing feeling and I'll bet I sleep well tonight. This day was a whole lot less crowded then last Sunday. This park still is the crown of what the state of Colorado is really all about imo. I just can't figure out why I don't go more often being as close as I am to this place.

Attachments

• RMP 1.jpg
    RMP 1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 65
  • RMP 2.jpg
    RMP 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 57
  • RMP 3.jpg
    RMP 3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 87
  • RMP 4.jpg
    RMP 4.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 70
  • RMP 5.jpg
    RMP 5.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 82
  • RMP 6.jpg
    RMP 6.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 62

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awfully nice photo's! :thumbsup: Those mountain jays sure are pretty.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures. I just finished watching a show on Public Television about the park and it's history.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awfully nice photo's! :thumbsup: Those mountain jays sure are pretty.
They don't sit still very well either. Lucky the camera fired off when it did. Maybe he just gave me a spit second break, so I could get a decent picture of his fine self.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures. I just finished watching a show on Public Television about the park and it's history.
Before last Sunday I don't think I've been in the park in 10 years. Guess it's just one of those kind of things you feel you can do anytime when it's so close by.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!! :icon_thumright: 2 miles high? I'm a sea level boy, that would take my breath away... ....:laughing7:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures. In the fourth picture it looks like the big buck is standing guard over his harem.
That's pretty much what he's a doing there BM, He likes to keep all his ladies in a nice conformed herd. When you watch him he always has an eye for any of the females getting out of order. In these 3 shots this little female wasn't paying any attention to the movement of the herd as they grazed along moving slowly and she wasn't keeping up. The Bull rushed right in behind the little one and scooted her back in order. In the first picture it almost looks like the female on far left is squealing on the little female for not paying attention. That Bull doesn't waist anytime in keeping his property all together.

Attachments

• bull 1.jpg
    bull 1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 45
  • bull 2.jpg
    bull 2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 49
  • bull 3.jpg
    bull 3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't sit still very well either. Lucky the camera fired off when it did. Maybe he just gave me a spit second break, so I could get a decent picture of his fine self.

You are right, they are always busy looking for food.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread