tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday my middle daughter turned 25. She's different in the way then her two sisters in that she is much more low key'd and not so much to go after life at a rush, as the other two sisters are. She's artistic and much more free spirited then them and at times I'd be concerned as to that caricature part of her could be a problem, but I came to an understanding she's more like me then I ever would confess. She asked that I take out for a drive and experience the fall scenery with her dear old dad for her birthday... I surprised her with one better then a typical drive to see the aspens. We headed out at 5:am, because I told her I need to be back early and went in to the Rocky Mountain National Park and took a drive up the beautiful "Fall River Road" that takes you high in alpine. Not only was the scenery beautiful, but the sounds of the bugling Bull Elks was coming from all directions from the valleys in the distance. That's so cool to hear and listen to. We then went over to the town of Grand Lake walked up and down the town and along the lake and then drove back through the park via "trail Ridge Road". It was great for me to spend time with her that ended up to be a full day with this girl of mine. She was blown away with this birthday surprise I had for her.. I just don't see or talk all that much with my girls anymore these days, unless a car is broke or the furnace doesn't work. We had a wonderful time just being together. Now she wants a Marmot for a pet, because they're sooo, cute!!!. Sorry I can't get you one of those and remember the Hamster who got out and your sisters cat found it first?. Great little critter to watch in their natural environment only and she understand that. I've come to know that women will always have the little girl in them all their lives. I even see and hear it at times talking with my 92 year old mother. I so enjoy bringing that part to the surface of these daughters of mine. Even works on my wife at times.

Attachments

• RMP K 1.jpg
    RMP K 1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 61
  • RMP K 6.jpg
    RMP K 6.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 80
  • RMP K 7.jpg
    RMP K 7.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 68
  • kaylin on rock.jpg
    kaylin on rock.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 107
  • RMP K 9 a.jpg
    RMP K 9 a.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 83
  • RMP K 4.jpg
    RMP K 4.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 77

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks and sounds like time well spent. :headbang: Give your daughter a birthday greeting for me..........."Happy Birthday!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks and sounds like time well spent. :headbang: Give your daughter a birthday greeting for me..........."Happy Birthday!
Will do! Thanks! OD

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Those rock marmots can be really funny at times. It was great you were able to get away and have a special day with her. I'm happy for you, my daughter is in Denver, and I don't see her nearly enough.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those rock marmots can be really funny at times. It was great you were able to get away and have a special day with her. I'm happy for you, my daughter is in Denver, and I don't see her nearly enough.
These little animals are funny. These two got in to a little altercation there for a moment and it looked like they were slapping each other around. That all ended real quick and they went right back to foraging around again. It was pretty comical to see and we both laughed at it all. We had hoped to see these Pika's up in there, but didn't spot any. Hopefully, you can get out here and take a trip up to the park with your daughter sometime. I can't believe I've not gone up there more often in all the years I've been living here.

Last edited:

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw, what a great day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions