Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camped over by Mt. Elbert last night. Rainy day and saw a curious flattened rainbow. Down in the upper 20's and lightning and freezing rain off and on through the night. Came back through Leadville and they had about half an inch of snow and more like an inch up on Fremont Pass which covered the road. Nice sunrise in Summit County this a.m.

Attachments

• 10-19a.jpg
    10-19a.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 10-19c.jpg
    10-19c.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 10-19d.jpg
    10-19d.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 10-19e.jpg
    10-19e.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 60

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That cold air lighting can get real wicked. One time long ago in Leadville the lighting strikes were a continuous barrage along the Mosquito range. It was a blowing blizzard to boot. Never saw anything like it again.

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It's in the low 70's here, but I just went and turned the heat on. Mr. Ginn, please tell me you were camping in one of those $200,000 RV's, the kind with big picture windows and TV...

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pictures, interesting rainbow. Where you have your camp set up, do a lot of people camp there? I can't see a stick of firewood anyplace in the picture.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Austin, no RV. Not in the pic but I do have a spiffy $5 camp chair which I probably don't need, but where I grew up it's not a good thing to sit on the ground. The only reason that tarp is up is because it is raining or I believe it's gonna rain. Astute observation, BosnMate. Very popular camping area in fair weather, national forest so no fee, and climbing Mt. Elbert is the big attraction. I always carry my own firewood, but if you walk about a 100yds. away from where people have camped you can pick up all the kindling you want. I never build a big fire anyway. I would like to point out to people when they camp in the national forest, use existing fire rings, if there's one available where you choose to camp. This one has been there I know for at least 11 years. For some reason, people cobbled some others together over the years right in the area shown in this pic. I've removed about 5 so far, as this one serves that spot pretty well, with no need for other little fire rings scattered around it.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet it's winter up in your neck of the woods this morning. gloomy down here this morning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread