tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took some time to do a little exploring today along the creek that runs through my part of the county. It was a cooler day then they forecast, but the sun did manage to shine a little after 3 this afternoon. It was pretty muddy still and my shoes were a mess as to the dogs. I did observe a couple of coyote hunting and saw this North American T-6 Texan fly by. I like the sound of those radial aircraft engines, as you don't hear them so much these days. It took me back to when I was a kid and at bed time ever night at between 11:30 to 11:45 pm this plane with radial engines would rumble slowly west to east like clockwork each night. I always seem to fall to sleep to that sound at bed time. I saw for the first time this old foundation I'd never seen before because of the tall grass, I guess?. I'd walked by it on a trail many times, but that old warbird got my attention and that's when I noticed it. It was a dugout cellar of some kind as it had a stairway leading down in it. It's kind of in a odd place being on the other side of the creek to everything else. This I'll will check out with my MD sometime. Only thing around was an old rusty crunched up kerosene stove someone chucked in to the foundation. The concrete used was a pretty crude looking with aggregate most likely from the alluvium wash rocks from the creek I'm thinking?... No telling how old it is? It was a good walk today.

Attachments

• ducks 1.jpg
    ducks 1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 95
  • ducks 2.jpg
    ducks 2.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 84
  • ducks 3.jpg
    ducks 3.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 81
  • ducks 4.jpg
    ducks 4.jpg