Yard Birds

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Don't know if it was a good idea or not to start feeding these. I get 50 lb. bags of chicken scratch here at the local feed store for 12.50. When they hear me using a saw on the porch they come running expecting to be fed.
Probably be good eating since I've been feeding them chicken feed. Personally, I'm too lazy to pick and clean one. Would rather just buy one at the grocery store and avoid the hassle.

Attachments

• 0044.JPG
    0044.JPG
    252.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 0077.JPG
    0077.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 51

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am an avid turkey hunter and everyone always loves our wild turkey. They really are worth the effort of plucking, a different taste than the store bought birds.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been wondering where you been Ron. I'm guessing you've just been hanging out with a bunch a Turkey's instead of us. Hopefully you gave up on that crowd. Mama always told me folks will judge you by the company you hang with. She didn't care much for some of my buddies. :laughing7:

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I am an avid turkey hunter and everyone always loves our wild turkey. They really are worth the effort of plucking, a different taste than the store bought birds.
Thanks patiodadio, I'm sure I will find out what they taste like. My parents are coming to live with me in the spring. My dad is an avid hunter of everything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread