tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was up at 4AM in Green River Utah yesterday morning and started my drive home 50 miles south west of Green River. From there I could tell the weather was headed for a big change as the clouds covered the whole sky. From Grand Junction I took Hwy 50 to make a stop in Montrose and then head home over Monarch pass. The storm front began to pile up west of the Rockies and it was really falling on the west side of Monarch. When I got down the east side of the pass in the upper Arkansas valley the sun was shinning. I took some picture's from the Centerville hill that between Salida and Buena Vista. I can't find much history of Centerville other then who's in the cemetery. There is a granite block up on the hill that's inscribed School Dist. No. 2 1866-1911. A sign also says the land for the cemetery was donated by a Fred Bertschy who was born in 1831 and died 1916. My guess Centerville would have been a ranching community supporting the mining towns with livestock and feed during those boom days. May be an area to looks for buried treasure in old chicken coop's ??. I took the old RR grade road out of Buena Vista and enjoyed some sunshine and peace of the area and the Arkansas river. Oddly no one was around the river this time of year, well maybe RGINN was up in the piñon's along the river someplace?. It's a great time to enjoy the peace of the Arkansas river. Nice and quiet with no whoop'n & hollering rafters coming down stream holding their selfie sticks out from their faces and posting pic's by the minute on their facebook accounts. I had dinner and a break from the road in Leadville and then headed in to the real storm of vehicles filling up in Summit county. I'd never seen that much traffic in the area I'm thinking. It just gets to be more and more every time I'm up there on a Friday night. There was even a bumper to bumper line of traffic heading in to Leadville from Copper Mountain that seemed unusually heavy to me. West bound I-70 was a solid line of traffic from Copper Mountain all the way to the Clear Creek canyon were I got off that crazy I-70 that's just getting to nuts for me anymore. It's all starting to look like I-5 in Los Angles anymore and it doesn't really mater what time of the year it is anymore. Every Friday after 3:PM an exodus heads out of the Denver metro for the hills. As for me I'm staying put and watching football this weekend and take the dogs for a walk.
[LEFT
][/LEFT]

Attachments

• hanksville 011516 1.jpg
    hanksville 011516 1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
  • hanksville 011516 2.jpg
    hanksville 011516 2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 60
  • hanksville 011516 3.jpg
    hanksville 011516 3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 56