Bare female on my deck!

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
Oops! I gotta learn to use that spell check, I meant bear female.This is Fluffy, she stops by every few weeks to eat

our bird feeder and any thing else that looks good, I try not to ware my BBQ scented aftershave when shes around.

The first two pictures were taken this morning, and the third a couple of weeks ago when she still had on her Winter

coat.

Attachments

• fluffy-on-the-deck.jpg
    fluffy-on-the-deck.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 577
  • Fluffy 2.jpg
    Fluffy 2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 567
  • fluffy.jpg
    fluffy.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 570

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
oh thats not good. looks like she has associated your house with food. i would try to scare the hell out of her next time,make it so she wont want to come back. while she is beautiful she is dangerous.

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
police in the next town over from me had to shoot a bear here a few days ago.Its was so tragic.........poor thing

SomeGuy

Jun 26, 2005
hollowpointred said:
oh thats not good. looks like she has associated your house with food. i would try to scare the hell out of her next time,make it so she wont want to come back. while she is beautiful she is dangerous.

What he said.

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
I th ik the pics are great but I sure wouldn't wish to be sitting on the deck eating a big ol steak when fluffy comes around! :o

OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
I want to thank all of you for your concern for me and the bear "mostly the bear".And I want to assure you that neither me or the bear were harmed during the taking of the pictures.

If you live in the rocky mountains, you have to learn how to live around Bears ,know how to act around a Bear,and get used to seeing Bears close to your house."sometimes real close". Ive lived around these Bears for about 35 years, Ive had Bears looking in my window at me while I was watching TV, Ive had Bears come in my garage and carry away my trash bag if I leave the door open to long, Ive been paid by the Colorado Wildlife office for damage done to my property by Bears, Ive had Bears trapped in my yard by wildlife officers to be relocated"They use BBQ sauce as bait," Ive thrown firecrackers at Bears when they get too friendly " thats the first thing that the Game Wardens tell you to do".and Ive shot Bears with a BB gun,"that works best, it stings a little and they quickly get used to the firecrackers". And after all that, Ive learned this about Bears, you cant keep them away from your house, they smell the food that you've been cooking and their going to come see what your having for dinner.

So, not to worry about me and the Bears, we live close to each other with a healthy respect for one another and a lot of admiration on my part,and so far were all still alive and kicking.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
What beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing. How often do they visit, how many diffrent bears show up? They are a beautiful creature that deserve the respect they demand.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Very cool shots and yes, you sound like you are well versed on how to live close to those bears although I can understand the concern of other members as well. Stay safe and thanks for sharing the pictures. I am looking forward to seeing more! :D

OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
Thanks everyone for your commits. COUNTRY GIRL, I used to see a bear in my yard almost every week but in the last couple of years I'm lucky to see one a couple of times a year. I'm not sure why there's less but I'm glad anyway.those critters can do a lot of damage when they start digging up ground squirrels or trying to get in the garage to get the trash. I normally see one bear at a time, In the spring I sometimes see a mother and her cubs. In fact I first saw Fluffy when her and her Mom walked through the yard two years ago. I knew Mom well,she is a huge bear and black as the ace of spades, I had shot her with a BB gun before, so when her and the cub walked through the yard Fluffy walked next to the house and Mom walked out in the woods.

davesx I haven't seen Mom since her and fluffy came by two years ago, and that suits me just fine, that bear was the size of a Volkswagen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread