tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those 100+ year old barns and structures. Definitely looks better with age. When I was a kid maybe 10 to 12 yrs. I'd walk way out to hunt this corn field that was back of us. Way out there was an abandoned farm house with a barn and other out buildings. All the hand hewn beams and timbers holding it up were all squared and connected with wood pegs. I drove out that way maybe a couple years ago and everything is all new housing developments. That old timber's like treasure today and a hot commodity in the mountain resort towns. They really add a nice touch to those 10 million dollar plus homes in Aspen and Telluride.

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that is one oddly shaped barn

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Love those 100+ year old barns and structures. Definitely looks better with age. When I was a kid maybe 10 to 12 yrs. I'd walk way out to hunt this corn field that was back of us. Way out there was an abandoned farm house with a barn and other out buildings. All the hand beams and timbers holding it up were all squared hand hewn and connected with wood pegs. I drove out that way maybe a couple years ago and everything is all new housing developments. That old timber's like treasure today and a hot commodity in the mountain resort towns. They really add a nice touch to those 10 million dollar plus homes in Aspen and Telluride.
Yeah, I hauled a load of old barn wood from a place that specializes in that material. Took it from Bend, OR to the Donner pass area in CA. They said it was for the rich folks in the Tahoe area.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I hauled a load of old barn wood from a place that specializes in that material. Took it from Bend, OR to the Donner pass area in CA. They said it was for the rich folks in the Tahoe area.
10-4 on that, those rich folks get what they want. Once I went to see a blaster in Telluride. He gave me some screwy direction to get to the job site. Looking for him I entered a big mountain valley and with my binoculars I spotted him on the other side of the valley and how I could get to him. No such a thing as a GPS in those days. When I got to him there was a private tarmac airstrip down in the valley with big hangers for the private jets. Scatted in the trees on the other side of the airstrip were these massive outstanding homes. He pointed to one and said that one is Tom Cruses place and next to his mansion was Oprah Winfrey's mountain get a way.

Bullet:Mich.

Mar 20, 2003
Michigan USA
You can tell by the top doors that this barn was built with a big hayloft so a lot of loose hay could be stored through the winter to feed their animals. By the way this barn looks it was built before Hay Balers were heard of. It looks like the original barn was first built and then lean-to's were built on the side and back of barn.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That just screams " Western US " to me. Awesome picture!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread