Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been doin 60+ hours a week for the last month and a half and this 'weekend' amounts to 36 hours off, so I ain't really been nowhere. Drug myself out to walk to the mailbox and took a few pics anyway. About 6 more inches of snow last night, little bit of wind today, but up in the 20's. Tourists rent those fat tire bikes and ride em in the snow, and they seem to be the thing with quite a few locals for winter riding. I myself got a good truck. Spring break is goin on and lots of Texans up here. Thank you Texans for payin for my 3 new trucks in the last 12 years. I should do somethin nice for y'all. But probably not.

Attachments

• 3-15a.jpg
    3-15a.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 3-15b.jpg
    3-15b.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 3-15c.jpg
    3-15c.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 3-15e.jpg
    3-15e.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 53
  • 3-15f.jpg
    3-15f.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 53

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hearing all about what's going on up there on the weather report. I guess we're in for some of what your getting by the end of the week.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those bikes look like they would be hard to peddle to me, but probably act like shock absorbers on mountain trails. Anyone know?

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It should ease up for us but I heard the front range may get about 6-8 inches this weekend, which would equal 2 to 3 feet for us. Last night was the worst so far this winter I've seen. I-70 got shut down at Vail Pass due to accidents so two of my trucks got shut down at Avon til it opened up at 2 a.m. My last truck for some reason did not make it here till 8 a.m. Normally all these trucks would have been here before midnight or so, but yeah buddy we stayed until they were all done. To make it even worse, the vice president of the entire damn company came into the store about 8 a.m. and we were doin stuff we should have been doin at about 3a.m. I did not sweat it as we've been doin over a million a week for about two months now. Those high corporate types don't understand the nuts and bolts of the operation, but they do understand money, and money does talk in retail.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
90* here in Texas today, but rain Thursday. And you are doing something for at least one Texan, me. I love your posts and where you live. So much different than here. Please keep on posting...

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It should ease up for us but I heard the front range may get about 6-8 inches this weekend, which would equal 2 to 3 feet for us. Last night was the worst so far this winter I've seen. I-70 got shut down at Vail Pass due to accidents so two of my trucks got shut down at Avon til it opened up at 2 a.m. My last truck for some reason did not make it here till 8 a.m. Normally all these trucks would have been here before midnight or so, but yeah buddy we stayed until they were all done. To make it even worse, the vice president of the entire damn company came into the store about 8 a.m. and we were doin stuff we should have been doin at about 3a.m. I did not sweat it as we've been doin over a million a week for about two months now. Those high corporate types don't understand the nuts and bolts of the operation, but they do understand money, and money does talk in retail.
That's typical Vail pass ever since the mandatory chain law came along. That should be an option for the driver to decide and if he can't make it he gets out on the shoulder and chains up. In the past the trucks made it up the hill with no problem w/o chains and I once couple years ago watched a Colo HP walking down the center line in that bumper to bumper mess, as we were all moving at a crawl and pop a driver w/o chains and he was almost over the hill and moving right along. That chain law causes such a back up trucks the right lane is lined up for miles with big trucks waiting to get to the chain-up pull off. That's when the traffic jam begins and it becomes such a mess they then just shut it down. I've stayed out many times on a Thursday night because of that mess. Tennessee pass closes every time Vail pass shuts down, so your stuck unless you want to head up towards Steamboat. You can make some extra bucks RG just sit'n outside of Vail and installing chains on trucks all night til they close the pass. Not even sure what those guys who do that charge, but I bet they make a killing on some nights. Colorado's infrastructure is sinking fast. I heard a topic on the radio not long ago on what I70 will be like in 10 and 20 more years. It sure didn't sound good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread