tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a trip to Ouray yesterday and thought I'd be home tonight, but my truck is acting up and I'm going to have a shop up here in Buena Vista check it out tomorrow and besides that a spring storm is hitting the passes tonight pretty bad. It's none to warm here in BV tonight either. 1st is Buffalo Peaks outside of Buena Vista Colorado, but they should rename the town deer'a vista. I saw hundreds of deer coming into town around 5: pm last evening. The 2nd picture is the Black Canyon of the Gunnison river just down stream from the dam of the Blue Mesa reservoir. Further down in the Black Canyon it's a much deeper gorge, but I've never been to it in all the times I've driven by the entrance. I never think about it, but am told it's well worth the visit. Last night I stayed in a motel and there was a fella having a smoke outside the room next to mine and he was there now for two days. We talked a bit and he said he was an OTR trucker with a broke down rig waiting for parts to arrive. He was hoping he's be getting back on the road the next day. Now that I'm heading home my truck stalled out in Salida and I got it going again, but there's something going screwy with it and I hope this guy in BV can figure it out pretty quick or I'll be down for a day or two up here. At least I'm not driving over the divide tonight, as the news was reporting on what all was going on up there and it sure didn't look good. They showed a big pileup on Vail pass. Spring snow showers are the worst.

Attachments

• april 0516 1.jpg
    april 0516 1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 57
  • april 0516 2.jpg
    april 0516 2.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 61

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice photo's! Maybe it's time to retire the old Ford? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I believe your right.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky you stayed down there cause yesterday was not a good day here in the high country. A real blizzard came through. 30 car pile up on 70 east of Silverthorne and lots of accidents from Copper over to Vail. Visibility sucked even here in town and there were a few crashes. I stayed home. Hey, old Ed Bozarth has some fine Chevy trucks for sale you might want to check out. Time to upgrade, ya think?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky you stayed down there cause yesterday was not a good day here in the high country. A real blizzard came through. 30 car pile up on 70 east of Silverthorne and lots of accidents from Copper over to Vail. Visibility sucked even here in town and there were a few crashes. I stayed home. Hey, old Ed Bozarth has some fine Chevy trucks for sale you might want to check out. Time to upgrade, ya think?
well I've upgraded the room for one more night here in BV waiting on a part. Time to move on, but what can I do??. According to my mother who's a genology fan and who worked as a librarian for some time at Iowa's geneology library, I'm related to Ed Bozath from her linage. Bozarth's were early French Huguenot's I guess?.. I Best call Ed himself and see if he'd do a good deal for his blood relative. Worth a try don't ya think. I saw all that mess on the news last night. Good thing I did bust down here. That was ugly. Just a strong wind going on down here. Said to die off this afternoon.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions