tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to walk around an old coal mine site behind were I live with the dogs. I've been going out there for years and it's fun to look for the old relics left behind. You can't drive up to it as it's gated off from the main road and unacceptable from other sides by wheat fields. It's always nice and quiet out there. I found an old cigar tip this time and looking at others online I'm guessing it may be from the late 19th to the early 20th century, by the style of mouth tip it has. There's old stuff from the old coal mine when it was in operation such as the hoist cable laying along the old RR grade that serviced the mine. Ollie's always keeping an eye out for the coyote in the area and I did spot a new den this time dug into the side of the soft shale heap pile the miners dumped dumped many years ago as it was waist and it makes a very suitable type ground to dig out a den. Bella is an expert at finding the little vole's that move around under the thick grass, so they enjoy going there for their own interest. I got to thinking that old cigar tip may have had a band on it once made of silver or gold as it has a flange on the cigar end that would have secured it. Those old cigar tips were made pretty fancy in the past and came with there own little elaborate case back in the days when they were a popular smoking accessory. The lower grounds in the field are filled with water now and you always see a pair of mallards laying claim to these short lived puddles of water.

Attachments

• coal mine 042216 1.jpg
    coal mine 042216 1.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 99
  • coal mine 042216 2.jpg
    coal mine 042216 2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 84
  • coal mine 042216 3.jpg
    coal mine 042216 3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 87
  • coal mine 042216 4.jpg
    coal mine 042216 4.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 89
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bella always looks to Ollie for a cue to see if there's something she should she should be knowing about beause she can't see over everything like Ollie can. That's how she gets the clues something around.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Bella always looks to Ollie for a cue to see if there's something she should she should be knowing about beause she can't see over everything like Ollie can. That's how she gets the clues something around.

Body language.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread