Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy Memorial Day to all. Hope your holiday is an eventful and memorable one. Miss Daisy and I are spending ours alone. The better half is in Corpus Christie visiting her daughter before she goes to Alaska with her husband who is in the Coast Guard.
We went back to the pond from the other day to see what we could see. There was a new little duck there that I think might have been a wild transient just stopping for a rest or a visit with the usual residents. The beautiful little female Wood Duck ( I think that is what it is anyway ) really made my day. I must have taken at least 50-60 pics of it alone before it finally flew away. I hope it returns with a male in tow because they are very colorful. Anyway, here is my morning there in pics. Happy holiday!

K1600_IMG_4400.JPG K1600_IMG_4422.JPG K1600_IMG_4437.JPG K1600_IMG_4455.JPG

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Atta boy:laughing7:

I like the white goose,cool.

Your eye gets better all the time.:icon_thumleft:

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you WT. I really like the white goose too. It has very piercing blue eyes and the way it's neck feathers lie just make it an instant favorite to photograph. They get a lot of attention here at this urban pond. People have stopped by both times I have been there now to feed them. I have something new to do with my extra bread now:thumbsup:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you WT. I really like the white goose too. It has very piercing blue eyes and the way it's neck feathers lie just make it an instant favorite to photograph. They get a lot of attention here at this urban pond. People have stopped by both times I have been there now to feed them. I have something new to do with my extra bread now:thumbsup:

Just make sure you watch where you walk,wouldn't want you to track goose poop in the house when you get home.:laughing7:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Should have gone to Corpus. Miss Daisy would have loved chasing seagulls. Love these duck pictures. Ducks are so beautiful. Dad used to take us to feed them when we were kids. They(or their descendants) are still at that lake. You sure look like you have a good time. It rained here( San Antonio) all night and morning. It rains a bunch now, but I don't know about Corpus. Anyway, thanks for posting...

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love all your pics! I especially like the two that show the ducks reflection in the water. Does Miss Daisy bark at the ducks?

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just make sure you watch where you walk,wouldn't want you to track goose poop in the house when you get home.:laughing7:
It isn't as bad as where we walk along the river here lol.
Should have gone to Corpus. Miss Daisy would have loved chasing seagulls. Love these duck pictures. Ducks are so beautiful. Dad used to take us to feed them when we were kids. They(or their descendants) are still at that lake. You sure look like you have a good time. It rained here( San Antonio) all night and morning. It rains a bunch now, but I don't know about Corpus. Anyway, thanks for posting...
Did I say how bad I dislike humidity?:laughing7: Miss Daisy is the reason I am here lol. Dogs have kept the better half and myself on different vacations more than once! Glad you like the pics. It is hard to stay away from this place. The ones that live there are used to people feeding them and come right up to you.
I love all your pics! I especially like the two that show the ducks reflection in the water. Does Miss Daisy bark at the ducks?

Thank you! Glad you liked them. I have to leave her in the vehicle. The ducks and geese expect to be fed and I don't want to upset them. They live there so I respect their safety and existence to do so. Not sure how Miss Daisy would react lol. Yesterday morning, she chased a wild turkey away from HER field:laughing7: Geese can hold their own so it might be for HER safety too, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread