This is I will never get tired of looking at.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I always look at the top of power poles when I drive down into the Meadows looking for this.I have to full zoom to get a good shot,only thing is they don't like humans to close for any length of time and by the time I zoom back

out to get a video of them departing they've done departed.:tongue3: I have a plan though,I'll see if one of them is there in the AM and give it a whirl.

DSCN1790.JPG

Much needed rain last nite and this morning,now greenery will explode again with these summer temps.:laughing7:

DSCN1786.JPG
DSCN1787.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You and I have that in common. I will never get tired of seeing them either. I am so awestruck when I see them, there is a good chance I miss my photo opportunity because I am too busy admiring them. We had a much needed rain too last night. Temps are cooler and everything was crisp this morning. Beautiful day in the northeast! Great pics as always!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pics as usual. Wish you could have been with me 5-6 years ago when I was teaching my last year in Uvalde. All I heard about were Mexican Eagles, how magnificent they were, how numerous they were and how Eagle Pass, Texas(close to Uvalde) was named for the pass they flew through in the hills. Then I found out they were Caracaras or crested vultures. I laughed for days and am laughing as I type this. No wonder I'd see them eating carrion on the side of the road with our buzzards.They are a member of the Falcon family(I think), but Eagles like your pic, NO WAY. Your photo triggered this memory. Never looked, but which Eagle is on the Mexican flag?

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'd love to see one! There are two in our area that I know of - quite the celebrities. The nest each year at Berry College and they have an eagle cam. I love watching the babies grow into their gigantic feet. They look like baby birds wearing swim fins for a while. Beautiful pics!

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd love to see one! There are two in our area that I know of - quite the celebrities. The nest each year at Berry College and they have an eagle cam. I love watching the babies grow into their gigantic feet. They look like baby birds wearing swim fins for a while. Beautiful pics!

Strange swim fins.:laughing7:

DSCN1170.JPG

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great season for you having them around. Thanks for sharing it and the Eagles with us.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pics as usual. Wish you could have been with me 5-6 years ago when I was teaching my last year in Uvalde. All I heard about were Mexican Eagles, how magnificent they were, how numerous they were and how Eagle Pass, Texas(close to Uvalde) was named for the pass they flew through in the hills. Then I found out they were Caracaras or crested vultures. I laughed for days and am laughing as I type this. No wonder I'd see them eating carrion on the side of the road with our buzzards.They are a member of the Falcon family(I think), but Eagles like your pic, NO WAY. Your photo triggered this memory. Never looked, but which Eagle is on the Mexican flag?

A hungry one.:laughing7:

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
What a great season for you having them around. Thanks for sharing it and the Eagles with us.

Nature has always peeked my interest,I am so awestruck and I want to see more. Who but GOD could Create such things.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice photos, love the bald eagle. We have a couple nesting not far from our wood cabin, Been trying to take good pictures of them since last spring, not cooperating, lol. Always love to see them, so majestic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread