tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went for a bike ride yesterday late afternoon and along a marshy area in marsh grass these two mallards popped their heads up to see who's coming around. When they hunker down back in the grass, you'd never know they were in there. The B&W is an old Willy's that's been sitting in an alleyway behind an old store in the old part of town. It's been sitting there for the 28 years I've lived in this town. I'm thinking it was an old Bell telephone truck or something in those lines of service in the past?. I've always wanted to maybe get me an old Willy's wagon or Pickup some day. There are still a fare amount on Craigslist for sale, so I guess it wouldn't be a rare thing to find if I ever do go that route, but I most likely won't and it'll be just something I think about every time I see one. If I had me nothing but time and money on my hands, I'd really like to restore an old 1948 to 1950 Willys Overland Jeepster.

Attachments

• bike ride 053016 1.jpg
    bike ride 053016 1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 51
  • bike ride 053016 2.jpg
    bike ride 053016 2.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 52
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got it WW. Mine wasn't good enough for ya :( I'd say we all vote on it now. :laughing7:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd be all over that Willys but would dump the service box on the back. Year after year it calls to you and it has local history.

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love that picture of the truck and old store! The ducks look they were caught with their webbed foot in the cookie jar lol!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I was still in high school, a buddy of mine invited me up to his dad's farm. His brother in law was there in his hunting buggy...a '49 Willys Jeep ( at least if I remember correctly, that is what it was ). That thing would crawl over any log or rock you put in it's way. If you could pick that up ( without a divorce of course ), I think it would be a great project!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread