Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st pic at Tom Steed Res. 2nd, Twin Mountains in Kiowa County at sundown. 3rd pic, the road to Rainy Mountain. 4th pic, these things are all over the country now. 5th pic, apparently how Oklahomans treat their outdoor recreation areas. (Not an isolated incident, saw several more.)

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. 5th pic, apparently how Oklahomans treat their outdoor recreation areas. (Not an isolated incident, saw several more.)

You are correct on you observation on how well the environment is treated here. I am from Oregon/Colorado and never visit any rec area because of the mess. Feel free to contact Gov. Fallen, won't do any good but feel free.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
People are such inconsiderate PIGS here too.I constantly pick up crap along the river and properly trash it..I'd like to trash them!

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When your governor was headin up tourism and recreation in Oklahoma, I got to meet and visit with her. She's really just not a camping and outdoors type person, although that's what she was in charge of, and that's what I spoke about. She was planning a run for governor even then so I got the standard line about how she was intending to consider all things and make Oklahoma great again, thank you for your input. And you know I thought she was pretty fine lookin then, but I ain't the one she had the 'extra-marital' affair with. But if someone wants to blame me for it, I'd just almost take that blame.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got the absolute WORST sunburn of my life at Tom Steed Lake back in '82 or '83. My NCOIC invited a group of us to accompany his 2 sons and him over 4th of July holiday on a water skiing trip there. He was a MSgt in the Air Force and had acquired a parachute somehow. Budweiser talked us into trying to paraglide behind his boat. Luckily none of us were killed:laughing7:. I don't remember a single tree anywhere around us on that lake lol. HOT as FIRE!
Pic #2 is my favorite and the trash pic could be just about anywhere it seems. I would like to have an open season on THEM and save a deer myself!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oklahoma!
Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
Where the waving wheat
Can sure smell sweet
When the wind comes right behind the raaaaain

c'mon everybody sing along :hello2:

Anyways I hit ya back and the mod's can't figure out where my 20 bucks went, but they should get their head together over soon I would think :dontknow:. Thanks! and drive safe :thumbsup:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh what a beautiful morning
Oh what a beautiful day
I ride around on my horsy
And everyone thinks that I'm Gay.

Here at UT we say ya'll not you all, because OU sucks...Yeah, I know, I've got issues. Sorry...

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh what a beautiful day

Here at UT we say ya'll not you all, because OU sucks...Yeah, I know, I've got issues. Sorry...
When I lived in OKC, I was told about a war down on the Red River. The Texans were throwing hand grenades across at the Okies!:hello2:. The Okies were picking them up, pulling the pin and throwing them back!:hello:
Also heard this one...know how to tell a level headed Texan? Tobacco juice runs out both sides of his mouth:laughing7:.
Sorry Austin, but the devil made me do it;))

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Camped north of Mountain Park at Great Plains SP Monday night. Lotta rain down here and strange to wake up at daylight to 67 degrees. Tryin to take a few pics to make Oklahoma look good. Some of them I like, a couple others I don't care too much for.
You made it look good RGINN, and that's not something easy to do. I was born in OK and lived in places all over that state while growing up. In my opinion the eastern part with the mountains is nice except for all the poisonous snakes, ticks, chiggers, and tornado's.
Seems like people are getting worse about leaving trash everywhere they go, although seems like that state has always been one of the worst.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh what a beautiful day

Utah??? I thought you were in Texas? I'll be around Price, UT next week I'm planing.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You made it look good RGINN, and that's not something easy to do. I was born in OK and lived in places all over that state while growing up. In my opinion the eastern part with the mountains is nice except for all the poisonous snakes, ticks, chiggers, and tornado's.
Seems like people are getting worse about leaving trash everywhere they go, although seems like that state has always been one of the worst.
Maybe you could work a little on some of those sourpuss'n, sob's folks I'd run across in heading to the Kansas area back when I had that territory. I swear some okie's just don't want to be friendly to a guy with Colorado plates. Maybe they thought it was the same as a California plate :dontknow:

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm back in Colorado and honestly reading these replies I am laughing out loud. And a funny Okie in Colorado story TR, about 30 years ago my vacation planning consisted of a full tank of gas and a 12 pack, so I wound up around Trinidad. I wanted to fish and needed a license so I found this place that was a combination bait shop/liquor store and sold licenses. It was run by Vietnamese folks and they also had sewin machines set up in there makin clothes to sell. (kind of a place I would stop) That lady got my license for ID and saw Oklahoma and made me sing the state song before she would sell me the license. Gave it my best shot and I guess she was happy with it cause I got the license. The bad thing is I don't even care for that tune, but any time I hear it played I immediately stand up, take my hat off, and cross my heart without thinkin cause we were taught to do that in school, and hard habit to break.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
:) I guess this fits both Okies and Texans....You know why they roll up the sides of their cowboy hat brim?....So that three of them can ride in the cab of a pickup.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:) I guess this fits both Okies and Texans....You know why they roll up the sides of their cowboy hat brim?....So that three of them can ride in the cab of a pickup.

HaHa...never hear that one:laughing7:
I did hear this Okie joke though....Know why the weather is so bad in Ok? Cause Kansas sucks and Texas blows!

Don't shoot the messenger Texans! Just repeating what I heard when I lived in Ok, lol. I actually liked Dallas;) and thought the River Walk and Paseo District in San Antonio was beautiful!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread