Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to the canal park early this morning. I finally saw something there I have wanted to take pics of...a Green Heron. This was the first time I had seen one there and he cooperated wonderfully. I first saw him as he flew across the road in front of me as I walked. I figured I would not see it again. I went back to a foot bridge that crosses the canal and took several chipmunk and oriole pictures. I noticed the heron in a tree about 35 ft from me and thought " Wow, it is my lucky day to see him twice!". I took a couple pics there and to my astonishment he flew right down to the rocks below the bridge!

Attachments

• Green Heron.jpg
    Green Heron.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 62

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Awesome Capture!!:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright: Looks like the lighting was perfect for this one too. I've never seen one of those when I had a camera with me.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done OD. I used to live on a pond, and I would watch them, and the other birds, eat the fishes. It was always a good show!

Get out there and dig a few holes!

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome Capture!!:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright: Looks like the lighting was perfect for this one too. I've never seen one of those when I had a camera with me.
Thank you sir! I was very happy just to see him. You are right though. I saw him when the light was best. If he had shown up when I first got there or in the shady part of the canal, it might have been underexposed. This deer was deep in shadow but I still took the shot this morning.
Right place at the right time,SUPER shot O.D.:icon_thumleft:

GOD Bless

Chris
Thank you WT. Hope that mowing is going well!
Well done OD. I used to live on a pond, and I would watch them, and the other birds, eat the fishes. It was always a good show!

Get out there and dig a few holes!
Thanks Tom. I guess there are several different herons around. Neat birds!

Attachments

• Deer in Hiding.jpg
    Deer in Hiding.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 55

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you WT. Hope that mowing is going well!

Had some real strong winds all day,out in the open they felt like a tornado on that tractor I'm tellin ya. 100 bucks just steering a tractor this week.Carmine said the fields need mowing every 3 days,I'm not the only one mowing,Carmine and His boy Anthony do too..along with everything else that has to be done.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Heron. I only see white ones here. But that deer pic - WOW! AWESOME!!

Having that strand of growth there reminds me of a funny deer hunter a few years back. Back then, we had SO MANY deer that each hunter could get 6 tags, plus a 7th if they were a homeowner hunting their land. Hunters were coming up here all the way from Minneapolis and even lots from other states (I think 5-tag limit for them). This one hunter was dropped off to go hunt an area. He had NO idea what was around or about the area - all he knew was what he was told. We don't hunt, but have the blaze orange. We were working out in the yard, in blaze orange, and saw this guy walking back across a field behind us. He seemed very unsure of himself. Well, we were clearly visible, so we watched to see where he was going. Apparently he did not like being watched with binoculars. After a short time he moved farther away - but was still in plain sight. He kept looking around...NO PLACE TO HIDE!

Finally, the guy found a place to hide from us - behind a small tree with a trunk of about 4" diameter. And him? He was no less than 54" diameter!! We still crack up laughing every time we think about it! :laughing7:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff ODPA. Excellent photos :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread