Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today's Sights and Sounds

I have walked our dogs, past and present, for years at this site. I have seen many trains come through while I was on the road leading to the tracks, but never had a camera with me when I was so close until this morning. The engineer actually blew his horn at me to warn me not to be stupid and get off the tracks lol. Coming...
K1600_IMG_7200.JPG

Going...
K1600_IMG_7202.JPG

I was walking her across the river at the canal park ( actually called The Riverlands ) when I heard an unfamiliar bird call. I think I have learned more about birds this year since frequenting this part of Tnet and joining the photo forum I also enjoy than any other year of my life. I wasn't able to get great pics of this Rose Breasted Grosbeak but it is the first one I have actually photographed so I am posting them anyway...
K1600_IMG_7215.JPG K1600_IMG_7216.JPG K1600_IMG_7217.JPG

This little mushroom just captured my attention for some reason. Either because of the ray of sunlight hitting it or because of where it was ( in an old deadfall ).
K1600_IMG_7235.JPG

Entrance sign at the park. For you westerners, those are not buttes above the kingfisher. They are cooling towers of the nuclear power plant just across the way. They own and operate this park.
K1600_IMG_7242.JPG

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I miss the days of the caboose and the brakeman who'd be catching a breeze up top by an open window who always waved back at ya as the end of the train went by.

Aaaa, I'm not seeing the Kingfisher :dontknow:

Duh! he's on the sign

Last edited:
OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm...you don't see the sign? Oops, I posted before you edited yours:laughing7: Haha

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm...you don't see the sign?
Later I noticed I thought you had a real one to show. I'm after this Kingfisher down by the creek. Had him once and not as close as I would like, but off he went just as I zoomed in and got the camera to focus on him. He sure make a racket as he fly's up and down the creek. I hear and see him all the time swooping along from tree to tree. Pretty comical bird they are.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Later I noticed I thought you had a real one to show. I'm after this Kingfisher down by the creek. Had him once and not as close as I would like, but off he went just as I zoomed in and got the camera to focus on him. He sure make a racket as he fly's up and down the creek. I hear and see him all the time swooping along from tree to tree. Pretty comical bird they are.

They have that weird flight almost like a woodpecker, up and down without flapping their wings all the time and their call is definitely unique. I have a picture somewhere on the hard drive of an old 'puter or on one of the many cd's/dvd's upstairs of one I took while floating down the river. I used to see one sitting on the power lines over a pond I drive by on my way to work too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread