kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
The frog is probably thinking, "I wonder if they taste like chicken?" :laughing7:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"LOOK AT ME EVERYBODY" I'm a Duck

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He looks big enough to eat a smaller duck!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They try to eat anything and maybe that's what was on the mind of that bullfrog to see if it was possible a duck would fit in his mouth. I use to catch them with a fish line a small hook and a small piece of paper on the hook by dangling it in front of them.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
They try to eat anything and maybe that's what was on the mind of that bullfrog to see if it was possible a duck would fit in his mouth. I use to catch them with a fish line a small hook and a small piece of paper on the hook by dangling it in front of them.
Well I guess that answers the question!...I used to catch them in a similar way. We used a cane pole with a heavy line and a big treble hook. We would lower the hook in front of their face and snag them under the lower lip. A lot of times they would pounce on the bare hook thinking it was food.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I guess that answers the question!...I used to catch them in a similar way. We used a cane pole with a heavy line and a big treble hook. We would lower the hook in front of their face and snag them under the lower lip. A lot of times they would pounce on the bare hook thinking it was food.

Last time I ate frog legs was at that big buffet that looks like a jungle inside there in Wendover Nevada, They had em in the buffet. You ever stop by that place when you were on the road?

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I caught a huge bullfrog on a rubber frog while bass fishing one day in Oklahoma. He pounced on it and he was hooked in his foot. That same day I caught a water snake on the same type rubber frog:tongue3:

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Last time I ate frog legs was at that big buffet that looks like a jungle inside there in Wendover Nevada, They had em in the buffet. You ever stop by that place when you were on the road?
I used to stop at Wendover once in a while, but never went in that place. Last time I ate frog legs was when I was a kid in Oklahoma. At that time we ate a lot of squirrels, rabbits, and frogs. It was more of a survival thing back then. To be honest I can't remember what frog legs tasted like, and have no desire to find out again. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread