fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I wonder if they are from the same litter, if that's what you call deer off spring.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They look like they will be big boys by hunting season:icon_thumright: That is a great picture!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
They were having a cool one and telling jokeswhen you got there.
Idaho? NO, you da ho...Sorry, it was on a girl's t-shirt one day. Maybe your best pic ever...

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Younger bucks (not juvenile's) will often congregate together. They usually avoid does during this time, unless the doe is without fawn(s). There ARE exceptions, but this is the norm - at least in this area.

Awesome pic!! What a rare treat. The bucks tend to stay out of sight more in this area. Have had security cameras running 24/7 for years and have only captured a buck twice over the years - both times very young. Seems the does like to hang around here and to give birth, as they know by now that we give them all the space possible. Last year, had a doe bring her twins into the yard one evening to bed down for the night. They stayed at the edge of where the kept-up lawn meets the tall field grasses, and where they could see the house. Unbeknownst to us, another doe came in later with HER twins and bedded down much closer to the house. Her twins came out and were running and jumping and playing right outside the window. However, Momma thought that was not a good idea and soon broke up the party. Just before daybreak, both groups got an early start.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They were having a cool one and telling jokeswhen you got there.
Idaho? NO, you da ho...Sorry, it was on a girl's t-shirt one day. Maybe your best pic ever...

Now that would be a hard decision. He has so many awesome ones. Over on the Today's Finds section, they have a " best of " section at the end of the year. Wonder if we could get the mods to create Ron a " best of " year end event?:icon_scratch:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just bunnies, squirrels and snake today. I let my 4 pet hens out for awhile and they terrorized my son in law. They wanted to be picked up. He did not want to do the picking up part.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread