Played With Closeup Lens

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Tamrock mentioned taking closeups of gold dust, which gave me the idea. Been wanting to play with the closeup feature anyhow, so I took a couple of pictures with my regular macro, and the doubler I purchased extra. Nothing fancy, just some pictures.
This is as close as I could get with the lens that came with the camera.
gold3.jpg
And this is with the doubler.
gold5.jpg
Those are some nice pickers I acquired, not by panning myself though. The next two pictures are dust I panned myself over probably 70 years. Mixed in with this would be some gold panned from the Merced River in Yosemite Natl. Park. Nobody cared in those days, but the vast majority would have been panned mostly, very little dredging in streams in Northern Calif. and South West Oregon.
Regular closeup.
gold7.jpg
Last picture is with the doubler.
gold6.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and a fella I worked with would take our pans up on the American River sometimes back in the later 1980's. I remember the sands and gravels of the California rivers were kind of angular shaped and would take longer to work down in the pan then the sands and gravels of the Colorado rivers that were more rounded, but California gold is defiantly more coarse, then all the flower gold of Colorado.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions