tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to Canon City Colorado today and saw this big Buffalo along highway 9 in South Park. South park was a place know to the native tribes from all the all over the Rockies and plains as a place to hunt and scrap with other tribes during the summer months. The Spaniards called it Valle Salado and the early mountain men known it to be a great place to trap and hunt. Mountain Men | South Park National Heritage Area I know it as a place I'm always happy to be in and it was a place I would frequent many time's when I lived up in the mountains. I wish I had the time to get off on one of the many back roads this trip, but I didn't have any time to waste. When I got to Canon City the smoke from some fires to the west would just about choke your breath away. It was very thick smoke all over that part of Arkansas river valley. The second pic is another fire kicking up east of Canon on the west end of Fort Carson which I found out I was about to enter, but an MP was there to inform me I was at the end of the road for me.

Attachments

• bufflo.jpg
    bufflo.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 60
  • bufflo ft carson.jpg
    bufflo ft carson.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe my dad was at Ft Carson. I only ever got to see buffalo once. That was in Oklahoma when we went to visit my ex's uncle near Ft Sill and we went up on Mt Scott. Thanks for giving us easterners some of your sights!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread