Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are great shots! It takes patience to catch them. I will get a good shot eventually:tongue3:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll have to see if I can get that kind of shutter speed on my Nikon. Love the pictures. Any humming bird pictures I get the wings are blurred.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Mine seem to be staying close by. My feeders are empty right now, but the fuchsias and Cape fuchsias are in full bloom.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I'll have to see if I can get that kind of shutter speed on my Nikon. Love the pictures. Any humming bird pictures I get the wings are blurred.
You have to have bright light and high enough ISO to get that fast of a shutter speed.
I have found the best soft light is early morning or late evening. Mid day, though brighter is very harsh and I usually don't even try......This is just my opinion.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great shots! I lucked out many years ago and got this picture of one using a Kodak 4 megapixel camera. I took it just before dark with a flash. I guess sometimes even a blind squirrel finds an acorn! I plant "Black and Blue" salvia for the hummers and when it is blooming they ignore the feeders.

Attachments

• hummer.jpg
    hummer.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 41

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's rare for me to see a hummingbird around here where it's hot, but I did hear one go by today walking the dogs today. I'm thinking the fires just west of me in the front range foothill may have caused some to come down here. I'll see a few more later on this year when things start to get a little cooler. Those are great shots Ron and yours is a good one also fyrffytr1, My old Kodak would sometimes capture some amazing shots.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice pic.

Haven't smelled sweet peas since i was a kid, very sweet if I can remember 50 yrs ago.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Those are great shots! I lucked out many years ago and got this picture of one using a Kodak 4 megapixel camera. I took it just before dark with a flash. I guess sometimes even a blind squirrel finds an acorn! I plant "Black and Blue" salvia for the hummers and when it is blooming they ignore the feeders.
Beautiful capture!!.....I had to google salvia to find out what it is. Might try it next year.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
We saw a few hummers here this year, but not for a while now. Thinking maybe they're tied up in court. The skeeter population this year is totally INSANE(!!), and I'm thinking they're just getting into too many head-on collisions. :laughing7:

Has been an amazing year for anything that flowers. Have had clover thicker than anything I've ever seen before. Even driving to town, the clover flowers have squeezed out much of the other flowers, so maybe the hummers moved elsewhere for the most part - or maybe there's just been so much food that they haven't come up to the house. Does anyone know if hummers ever visit clover blossoms?

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's one I took about 2 years ago,I didn't know the hummer was there till I uploaded it.

003.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread