Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D ;D Fooled ya again!! Chatting with Mona Lisa in chat, she asked me what have I been doing lately. I told her I was stripping old furniture. So, I am posting these for her.

This is a old Singer sewing machine bench that went with a old peddle type machine. I did not take the seat off for a pic, but it contains a tray to hold bobbins, spools of thread & other sewing notions.

Unfortunately, I did not take a before pic...this thing had 3 coats of paint, it took me a week to complete including recovering the seat that had some type of black, cracked leather.

I love the natural beauty of wood, I hate when people destroy that beauty with yucky paint.

Am I a good stripper?

;) RR

Attachments

• Sewing Machine Bench.jpg
    Sewing Machine Bench.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 263
  • Sewing Machine Bench2.jpg
    Sewing Machine Bench2.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 258

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
you did an incredible job! Stripper extraordinaire! ;) If that had 3 coats of paint on it and now looks like it does....wow! Definitely impressed with your refinish job! gorgeous wood like that should never be painted!!

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
ooooooooooo, packerbacker's naughty! 8) You're a great stripper, Judie! Three coats, wow! Nice job. (Loved your Today's Pic stuff, too, like the old tractor seat.) Nice choice of cover fabric on the stool. Looks perfect! -Noodle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread