Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was carrying the trash cans up the sidewalk and heard the familiar humming of it's wings.

K1600_IMG_2544.JPG K1600_IMG_2552.JPG K1600_IMG_2553.JPG K1600_IMG_2554.JPG

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat O' ... I'm still looking for any to come to my feeder. I'm seeing them flying around now, but no takers yet on free sugar water or whatever's in that mix.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome! Can NOT go wrong with pics of hummers!! :thumbsup:

Wife and I were outside yesterday when a hummer flew up to me briefly, then flew away. We never did get the feeder set up this year, and I think he's cussing me out! :dontknow:

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Neat O' ... I'm still looking for any to come to my feeder. I'm seeing them flying around now, but no takers yet on free sugar water or whatever's in that mix.

Don't worry. They will keep coming back for it.
Awesome! Can NOT go wrong with pics of hummers!! :thumbsup:

Wife and I were outside yesterday when a hummer flew up to me briefly, then flew away. We never did get the feeder set up this year, and I think he's cussing me out! :dontknow:

I really like watching them too. The gf really likes them as there were none in England. She had never seen one until she came here to Pa. She was on the phone with her mother one day and her Mom wanted to know what that odd noise was she could hear. It was the humming of one's wings as Katrina stood outside. Neat to think she could hear something she'd never see all the way across the world.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a kid I remember trying to catch one in a butterfly net. I gave up as they're way to sharp and quick to be captured. I did get some butterfly's though to add to my butterfly and moth collection. These days I find so much more pleasure in seeing wildlife in their natural environment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I was a kid I remember trying to catch one in a butterfly net. I gave up as they're way to sharp and quick to be captured. I did get some butterfly's though to add to my butterfly and moth collection. These days I find so much more pleasure in seeing wildlife in their natural environment.

Believe it or not, my dad did catch one!. He was sitting on the porch next to Mom's petunias. One stuck it's head in the flower so far, Dad was able to reach over and close the petunia around it. He let it go pretty quickly when he thought about the beak:laughing7:. He probably remembered what happened when he went out to pick up a flying squirrel that knocked itself senseless. It bit him on his thumb through a pair of thick leather gloves:tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions