tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell you if you can come up with a way to make clothing that could blend and change color like this mantis can do, you'd be a billionaire. I think some scientists working for the military are trying to develop something that could do this very thing today. I believe I saw a show on this idea once about how researchers are exploring new technology from natures design. I do remember a scientist who was working on a hypodermic needle fashioned from the prob of a mosquito to emit less pain. I thought that wouldn't be so good, because I can feel the sting of a mosquito and it's only a fraction in thickness to a human hair.

Attachments

• dog walk 082816 1.jpg
    dog walk 082816 1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 75

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Nice photo tamrock! It would be neat if humans could wear clothing similar to nature's mimickers.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not the needle of the skeeter that you feel. Whet you feel is the liquid that they inject into your skin to make the blood flow better. Many other bugs inject a substance that liquefies the skin - then they drink up the slurry. And still other critters (horse flies) have a rasp-like thing that comes out of their sucker straw and rips up the skin, causing the blood to flow....or something like that.

This is all VERY generalized, as it has been a lot of years since Science class!! ....But the skeeter thing I know from living here - in Skeeter Land. :tongue3:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate horseflies, especially when they get you on middle of your back. I guess those mosquitoes need to work on a less painless method. They get slapped almost every time I feel their sting. Kind of defeats the blood gathering of human if anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread