Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those still look tiny yet! Isn't it a little late to be dropping little ones now?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one's got an itch. Very cute.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those still look tiny yet! Isn't it a little late to be dropping little ones now?

They will breed into late January sometimes. I still have some does that are pregnant and many are nursing. I had 1080 pictures in two weeks. I only had a 2g card in and it was full. Of course one doe thought she was a star and kept coming back to the camera for selfies.
Think I will put in an 8g card next time.

2 year old buck in velvet
SUNP1022 copy.JPG

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
We've had does birth in our field quite late into the season, but I have serious doubts about them making it through "our" winters when that young. Also, since deer are so proliferate in this area, it's not unusual to see some idiot dump the remains of a bambi on the side of the road out of season. Only once have I seen remains dumped from a grown doe out of season, but then we don't get out much.

TM, how far away were you when you took these pics? Do you feed them? Is it a deer farm? Maybe a salt lick at the edge of the woods?

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've had does birth in our field quite late into the season, but I have serious doubts about them making it through "our" winters when that young. Also, since deer are so proliferate in this area, it's not unusual to see some idiot dump the remains of a bambi on the side of the road out of season. Only once have I seen remains dumped from a grown doe out of season, but then we don't get out much.

TM, how far away were you when you took these pics? Do you feed them? Is it a deer farm? Maybe a salt lick at the edge of the woods?

I use the bags of hog salt with the proper minerals they need. It's a brown salt and that salt lick is around 15 years old. I set up about 4 deer cams on the surrounding mountains so I can watch and see the local herds.
This year the farmers in the valley are going after depridation permits which gives them the rights to shoot the animals at night eating the crops. We are fighting this trying to get the state to use programs to feed the less fortunate.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That's cool. I don't like the idea of hunting after dark, even with the newest night-vision scopes. Reasoning is simple - bullets travel farther than the scope can see. Therefore, how can anyone know what the bullet will hit if they miss, or if the bullet goes through?

I was raised on the premise that you should know where the bullet will stop before you ever pull the trigger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread