f8.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 328

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Great shots, Gypsy! I really am envious of you and your talents. Seriously. ::)
---Mel

borninok

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
yep, you are awfully good at diggin in the dirt! :D those are some beautiful flowers! :D :D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful flowers, Gypsy. Do you have weeds like I do, man seems I'm forever pulling weeds out of my flower beds.

;) RR

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
My goal is to have no grass! Only ferns,flowers,vines.....No Mowing! I am a confessed "seed thief".....where ever I go I try and get seeds from yards,fields,parks, (beg them from my friends hint hint :D) and resow them in my yard. When I first moved here there wasnt a plant to be seen....just bare ugly lawn ....so slowly but surely I am changing that. I get to detect alot of old places because I ask if I can dig the plants that are there first....then ask to detect .I have spent barely anything on my yard as I got 99% of the plants...seeds ...for free and dug the trees ferns etc from the woods.

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
River Rat said:
Beautiful flowers, Gypsy. Do you have weeds like I do, man seems I'm forever pulling weeds out of my flower beds.

;) RR

I dont have weeds in the established beds...but ....I bought some topsoil this year and put it in the new beds .....40 lb bags because it was on sale and I normally get a load from the nursery.....so this cheap junk I bought AT HOME DEPOT , all the new beds have tons of weeds in them and I pull every day....really makes me mad so guess I wont be buying that cheap junk any more.....

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Nice flowers, I am a gardener, I get most of mine from transplant too. I'll see what I can collect for seed, bulbs for you this fall. If some one tells me how to ship hosta..........

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
Your garden is beautiful gypsyheart, it shows the love and

sweat that you put into it.

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Nice flowers, I am a gardener, I get most of mine from transplant too. I'll see what I can collect for seed, bulbs for you this fall. If some one tells me how to ship hosta..........

Thanks Kim....I will take all the seeds you can send and exchange any I have with you....but Hosta's dont worry about ....I have about 80 at last count....varigated,blue,green,white edged...I could send some to you tho...my sister sent me horseradish plants from Montana...she wrapped wet paper towels around the roots ,then wet newspaper ,then tied a plastic bag around the wet stuff and put in box....they made it fine even tho a week in transport....

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
Nice pictures! Those dark looking rocks look like taconite from the old iron mine near here my home town.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Gypsy, you just said the magical word for me.....horseradish. My dad used to grow his own plants back in Oklahoma. And then he would make his own horseradish sauce. OMG! It was strong, but I absolutely loved it! Unfortunately, when my parents passed away, we had to sell their house............and Dad's wonderful garden. I can remember...from 6 yrs old until I left home at 21, i helped Dad tend to that garden. Memories...... ::) :'(

Of course, I also know that horseradish plants are hard to kill, and spread like crazy. But, I lovvvvvvvvvve horseradish. And OH HOW IT LOVES ME....HA/HA
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

--Mel

borninok

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Sidevalve45 said:
Nice pictures! Those dark looking rocks look like taconite from the old iron mine near here my home town.

A new housing developement went in along the river...they were blasting rocks out left and right...so I talked to the owner of the developement and he said take all I want...I hauled rocks for three days and still have a big pile of them...and whenever I travel I manage to drag a few rocks home with me.... :)

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
gypsyheart said:
COUNTRY GIRL said:

Thanks Kim....I will take all the seeds you can send and exchange any I have with you....but Hosta's dont worry about ....I have about 80 at last count....varigated,blue,green,white edged...I could send some to you tho...my sister sent me horseradish plants from Montana...she wrapped wet paper towels around the roots ,then wet newspaper ,then tied a plastic bag around the wet stuff and put in box....they made it fine even tho a week in transport....

Thanks for the shipping info, look out Dad they will be on there way this fall. My hosta is so overgrown, it's taking over the garden, so please send anything BUT hosta. Don't get me wrong I love them, it's just going to take me weeks to dig them up and transplant them. So I would rather share them. We'll talk seed swap this fall. Thanks Gypsy

P.S. How about tiger lillys, you could always feed the deer with them they love 'em.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great shots Gypsy. You would love the rocks around where I live. They seem to be consistant around the area and are really cool. I don't know what kind they are but a lot of them look as though they have been water formed. They have way cool curves and holes and stuff. I have gotten several while out detecting and have put them in our flower bed. One is shaped like the natural statue of a naked woman turned to the side. I'll post pics when I get home.

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
COUNTRY GIRL said:
gypsyheart said:
COUNTRY GIRL said:

Thanks for the shipping info, look out Dad they will be on there way this fall. My hosta is so overgrown, it's taking over the garden, so please send anything BUT hosta. Don't get me wrong I love them, it's just going to take me weeks to dig them up and transplant them. So I would rather share them. We'll talk seed swap this fall. Thanks Gypsy

P.S. How about tiger lillys, you could always feed the deer with them they love 'em.

Kimmy
I think at least twenty five of my hostas came from one plant...Its huge and keeps getting bigger and I just stick the spade in and separate the roots and keep transplanting new ones from it to other spots.
I think Marc needs to add a Gardening Topic to Tnet with all of these gardening people here....digging must just be in the blood.....

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just as pretty as the person capturing them... Gyps, are those light blue vine looking ones Morning Glories (sp?)??

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread