Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Saw this fellow in one of the cornfields near me today. I pulled into a parking area after seeing him. There was a UPS driver sitting there eating his lunch. I told him about the bear in the middle of the field behind him and he decided to walk down the road to see it too. When we got to the edge of the field and we could see it, he asked if I could see it well through my lens after I took a pic. " Not well enough. I am going to get closer " I told him. He looked at me like I was nuts and said he was going back up to his truck and if he saw me running, he'd know the bear was coming too:laughing7:. I left him and walked along the treeline while the bear walked along the treeline on the opposite side of the field. I couldn't cross the field without him getting spooked so I had to be content with less than great pics until it entered the woods and I decided I had better get Miss Daisy back home before she got too impatient in my vehicle waiting for me.

Black Bear.JPG Black Bear2.JPG Black Bear3.JPG

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
O.D. You have been getting some super pics lately.:icon_thumleft:

GOD Bless

Chris

Thank you very much but nothing to compare with the wonderful eagle pics you shared with us all year. As you know, it pays to always have the camera with you.

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful bear! You have been taking some real nice photos lately!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Keep the great photos coming!

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
He certainly knew you were there. Nice pictures.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! That's amazing!! The bear around here are too skittish to even allow for a photo. It's not unusual to see one in a field while driving, but if a car stops, the bear disappears!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! That's amazing!! The bear around here are too skittish to even allow for a photo. It's not unusual to see one in a field while driving, but if a car stops, the bear disappears!

Stop and gone..like crows.:laughing7:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job ODP, It a been a real bummer if all you had on hand was a smart phone to get a picture of it. Last bear I saw in the wild was up in Montana a few years back now.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, and bear looks in good shape for the winter. Not seein much bear activity around here in the 'urban' areas, so maybe they've got enough out in the woods to eat. Been a little warm so far, so they might be holding off on hibernating.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread