• starlings.jpg
    starlings.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 63

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are one noisy species of bird. Always chattering!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are one noisy species of bird. Always chattering!
In reading about starlings it lead me to Mozart who was said to have a Starling as a pet. Now you have to wonder how it was Mozart who compose the most beautiful music ever composed came about from having a relationship with a Starling. Could be most of humanity is missing something in the sound of hundreds of chirping Starlings :dontknow:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mozart_-_Concerto_No.17_in_G_-_I._Allegro.ogg

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Today I learned. 8-)

I guess I can see the relationship with the rapid flitting of both and the frequent volume changes.

When I was pre-teen we lived in apartments third story. I recieved a pair of binoculars as a gift and a book on bird identification guide. Mostly I observed starlings because that's all there was in the boring cold winters. They're very social and active with a wide assortment of clicks, chirps, squeaks, etc. Very noisy in large flocks. I didn't like them at first because they were not "beautiful" outwardly. They grew on me after a time. :occasion14:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Today I learned. 8-)

I guess I can see the relationship with the rapid flitting of both and the frequent volume changes.

When I was pre-teen we lived in apartments third story. I recieved a pair of binoculars as a gift and a book on bird identification guide. Mostly I observed starlings because that's all there was in the boring cold winters. They're very social and active with a wide assortment of clicks, chirps, squeaks, etc. Very noisy in large flocks. I didn't like them at first because they were not "beautiful" outwardly. They grew on me after a time. :occasion14:

Rather attractive to me,even the blondes.:laughing7:

K1600_DSCN0698.JPG

K1600_DSCN0696.JPG

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
We have Starlings here in Florida at the marina, and yep, noisy- and very messy.

I had to look up Blizzard though, and this is all I could find.

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 12.39.06 PM.png

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I always get the Butterfinger blizzard. It's my favorite

I like the Heath and also the tropical (depending on ingredient variation).

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently they make good pets and can be to train to talk.
Oh great! Now I can add a talking bird to all the other constantly yapping people here. Let's not forget the dogs trying to get your attention during the best part of the program......... The only starling I enjoyed seeing was coming out the back of a TA4!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh great! Now I can add a talking bird to all the other constantly yapping people here. Let's not forget the dogs trying to get your attention during the best part of the program......... The only starling I enjoyed seeing was coming out the back of a TA4!
There was an incident where a flock of Stalings was the cause of a plane crash. I got a crossman air rifle when I was maybe 10 for my birthday and being everyone called the Starling a dirty bird, I took that as an okay to pick off as many of them as possible. I guess my mind was a bit twisted at that age now that I look back at it. Come to think of it all my friends were just about as twisted minded if not more.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I was the midwest avian terror whenever I was prowling around my neighborhood with a pumpmaster 760.

So much needless killing. :sadsmiley:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread