Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heavy snow kinda buried a lot of vehicles. The neighbor had to get out and shovel the snow off the roof of his RV. Big problem for most folks with low clearance vehicles was getting out of where they parked onto the plowed roadway. Spent an hour and a half this morning helpin two old boys from Savannah, Georgia get their two wheel drive Chevy truck out of where they parked onto the street. We dug, we pushed and pulled, I threw some sand down that I had, and we finally got'er on the road. Then the driver said 'You know, maybe I should have put my chains on last night.' Yeah buddy.

Attachments

• 1-10b.jpg
    1-10b.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 1-10e.jpg
    1-10e.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 1-10j.jpg
    1-10j.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 1-10l.jpg
    1-10l.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 1-10k.jpg
    1-10k.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 53
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that's my truck in the last pic, and no I ain't gonna use it to pull people out of the ditch.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my Lord. Wind is again howling down here right now. Gold Hill up in the front range of Sunshine canyon has recorded some 70 mph blasts here recently. Sure was a kind of a slow start to the Rocky Mountain winter this year wasn't it? Climate been pretty forgiving down here. Got close to 60 yesterday, but the wind was sure blowing.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
One winter at Lake Tahoe, just under Echo Summit on Hiway 50, that was enough. Moved out of the snow zone, never to return.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
And that's my truck in the last pic, and no I ain't gonna use it to pull people out of the ditch.

What, don't think it can do the job?? :laughing7:

Our newest truck is a 2004 and, Lord willing, we'll NEVER have one newer!! I'll take a mid-80's truck ANY day over these newer ones - possibly up to a mid-90's.

Also, I heard something recently - that Dodge is going to bring back some of their auto jobs to Michigan. They've been building Dodge trucks in Mexico for some years now. Good call!! :headbang:

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh it can do the job, kcm, I just don't want to get in that business, haha! This 2015 ain't bad, other than the electronic computerized stuff its got which I suspect will be the problem some day. I would be very happy with a 65 Chevy 1/2 ton, manual transmission, low speed rear end, up here. I could get around great. And anytime somebody says Dodge, that's what I do.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I've grown partial to Chevy's up here as well. However, I MUCH prefer the 4wd shift in my 2001 Dodge plow truck!! In the Chevy, it's push button - which is amazingly simple and idiot-proof. Right? Wrong! I can't tell you how many times I've tried putting the truck in 4-lo only to have it not engage, and I will NEVER try that unless I'm under 5MPH! But the shifter takes far too long to engage. When plowing, I normally stay in 4-hi. However, there are times when I need to instantly switch to 4-lo. I can do that with the Dodge, but not the Chevy.

Don't know what newer models of Dodge have been like. ...But I "AM" thankful for not having to get out and turn locking hubs, also!!

Sorry, forgot a sentence: The 2004 Chevy - have also been MANY times I've tried going from 2 to 4-hi while at fairly low speed. The manual says you can do this at up to 55MPH. I simply won't try! But even at 40 MPH, many times the 4-hi won't engage. It'll keep trying for like a minute or so and then time out.

The Chevy 4wd works great when it works, but is not 100% reliable. Maybe it's an issue with our truck. :dontknow:

Last edited:
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my truck it's best to be at a dead stop before going into 4 low. I haven't really had to use that much. It goes into 4 high pretty quick, but I'm usually stopped or under 30mph when I do that. It has that auto shift but I never use that. Tires have a lot to do with it, and mine is still pretty new with standard issue M/S street tires really, so it wouldn't be very good at a serious job. I have had to use 4wd more this season than ever before.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Talking about pulling people reminded me of this " neighbor " we had when I was a kid. To get into town, you had to go up a pretty steep hill from our neighborhood. This " neighbor " didn't really work at a regular job. On snow days, he'd park at the bottom of the hill in his jeep and wait for people to get stuck trying to make it up the hill. He'd offer to pull them up for $10 ( if I remember correctly ). Ten bucks was a lot of money in 1965. He wasn't a very popular person.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't remember what the name was, but I saw a movie long ago that must have gotten their inspiration for a scene from your neighbor. I think it was a 1970's movie, and they had this big mudhole that you had to go through in order to get past their place. They kept it full of water and full of muck and earned their money that way. Yep, not too popular for sure!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow!! my sister-law been snowed in for 5 days in Ontario Oregon :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions