New Camera

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Been shopping for a new point and shoot, good quality camera. By shopping, I mean I've been giving Amazon a work over, looking at what they had in all brands. I liked the Cannon camera, but it's a tad spendy, so I was still in the make up my mind mode. Then yesterday I walked into Costco, and ran smack into the camera display. There in front of me was a Panasonic Lumix DMC-DS50, with carrying case, and 16 gig chip, for $229.00. That's the same price on Amazon for factory refurbished cameras just like the one I got, and then you have to add shipping. It's quite a bit cheaper than Sony or Cannon, some of which are pushing $400. I think this DS50 is the same camera Tamrock uses, and his takes great pictures, and my 80 year old thought process whispers in my ear, "your Costco card is Visa," so I sprung for the camera. What the heck, it's only money. No matter what you have in the will, money or camera, the kids are going to fight over it. So far I'm at the very beginning of the learning curve, but when it's on auto, any dummy can take a picture. The weather has been nasty, but between rain showers I played with it a bit this morning.
A1a.jpg
This one is badly back lit, but the auto focus sure works.
A1c.jpg
A1d.jpg
Still back lit, but that's not the camera's fault. On auto it stopped the birds wing.
B1i.jpg
Bought Duke a big old nasty bone.
B1f.jpg
I zoomed in from the same distance I took the first picture.
B1a.jpg
At the same time, I bought him a rawhide chew toy to replace the one the same size from a few of weeks ago, which he totally demolished. So far I love the camera.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! I have done hours of research on "bridge" cameras. DSLR body with manual settings, but still a point and shoot.
You don't have to deal with this..... anymore (not that your research), Sir would be this messy:laughing7:..

DSCN1998.JPG

DSCN2000.JPG

DSCN2002.JPG

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you'll be getting a workout looking for stuff to take pictures of. That's what happened to me. Now I'm out taking pictures of ants to antelope and so many other things in-between.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be very careful with those rawhide chews. My gf had to save our dog's life. She had unraveled it and swallowed it whole. She would have choked to death had the gf not ran her fingers down her throat and pulled the chew out.

Hope you have as much fun with your new camera as I have with mine. It's a great and rewarding hobby!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread