Spidey in the Flash

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last evening I took my dog for his late night romp on the property and I my Halogen spotlights throwout good light all the way to my pond, about 100 feet away. I noticed right away a BIG spider web on my Chinese Chestnut tree at eye level. I went back inside and grabbed the camera and tried a few shots. I was more interested in getting the web than the spider. I noticed Mrs Spider was brilliantly lit by the flash, but when I tried other settings she was just too dark, so most were with the flash and this was the best of the bunch.

This morning when I took Shorty for his morning romp, I took the camera with me to photograph it in daylight and it was gone! Completely gone.............

Don

Attachments

• Web.jpg
    Web.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 259

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
That is an incredible photo! Wonder where the durn web is?!! How can it just up and be gone so fast? ???

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
CarolinaDigs said:
Don this is a great photo ! I like the way the spider turned out :) Looks kinda scary > would make a great halloween poster ;)

I was thinking the same thing.....kinda spooky ;D

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spider looks as if it was electrified. I'd guess a bird or some other animal ran into the web..................or.....................a prowler. :o

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
ronwoodcraft said:
CarolinaDigs said:
Don this is a great photo ! I like the way the spider turned out :) Looks kinda scary > would make a great halloween poster ;)

I was thinking the same thing.....kinda spooky ;D

Make that three of us!

You ought to look into making that into a poster! Around Halloween time, you could make out like a bandit.

AWESOME picture!

Nan

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat, Don.

;) RR

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Cynangyl said:
That is an incredible photo! Wonder where the durn web is?!! How can it just up and be gone so fast? ???

if a spider doesnt catch something in its web over a period of time, it will actually eat the web for energy.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
hollowpointred said:
Cynangyl said:

Really? I didn't know that. Great shot Don, I love spider webs, just not the critter that builds them. :D I know.....just wait until I find one of those big black ones with the yellow spots, on the farm :o.
if a spider doesnt catch something in its web over a period of time, it will actually eat the web for energy.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pic Don looks like the web the Warden got me in 27 years ago :D AA

frostytiger

Mar 16, 2007
SE Iowa
Detector(s) used
Prizm III
Haven't you guys ever heard of "incognito"? You found his/her hidey hole and he/she had to move very quickly> LOL ;D

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've walked into a few of those on evening hikes and would always end up checking my clothes every two minutes to make sure I wasn't giving one of those 8-leggers a free ride. Cool picture! Glad you spotted it before it was too late :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread