Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time to retire my Nikon Coolpix L100. 15X zoom, 10 MP.

With this. 120 bucks used in good as new shape (eBay description) CanonSX520HS. 42X zoom (24-1008mm)
16.0 MP. Full manual settings, a good sized camera ... works for me 'cause I'm a good sized dude.....:laughing7:

The weather is cloudy, rain on and off so... pics of my new camera taken with my old... camera!

DSCN2046.JPG

DSCN2049.JPG

DSCN2051.JPG

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a darn good camera. Did it come with a chip? I need to buy a larger chip for mine, but so far I'm not taking that many photos, and no video. I bought a 64 gig chip for my other camera. I'd taken a couple dozen pictures with it, and it went bad. It didn't show it was bad at all, and I didn't check to see how it was doing. Imagine my surprise when I got home, and most of the pictures I'd taken were not there. I have a 32 gig in that camera now, but only a 16 in the camera I just bought.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OV,

Now you can take professional pictures of all the treasure you dig.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a darn good camera. Did it come with a chip? I need to buy a larger chip for mine, but so far I'm not taking that many photos, and no video. I bought a 64 gig chip for my other camera. I'd taken a couple dozen pictures with it, and it went bad. It didn't show it was bad at all, and I didn't check to see how it was doing. Imagine my surprise when I got home, and most of the pictures I'd taken were not there. I have a 32 gig in that camera now, but only a 16 in the camera I just bought.

No it didn't include a smart card, but I already had a 32 gig SDHC UHS-1 card. 533X speeds up to 80MB/S. The high speed card allows for fast focusing, and fast shot to shot, if my camera is new enough to use it to it's full extent. Full HD video too! I have a few smaller cards so I can pop one in if I want the "flower" pics or whatever to be limited to one card, I have a smart card reader also.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
so which is new and which is old?

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice camera...I'm kinda partial to Canon. You will enjoy it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions