Some flowers

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The back end of my property is bordered by a creek, and there are a few wild flowers grow down there.
creek1.jpg
There are some camas down there just starting to bloom. The plants in the foreground are the camas. The bulb of the camas plant was a food staple of Native Americans in in the Pacific Northwest. Camas bulbs and salmon were there two major sources of food. These plants were so plentiful that pioneers that saw them blooming in a meadow said the meadow looked like a lake. Those same pioneers raised hogs, that took care of the abundance, there aren't near that many now.
camasC1.jpg
Below are closeups of the camas flower.
camas1A.jpg
I dug some bulbs and planted them in a half barrel, those are the blooms I have pictured here.
camasD1.jpg
There are also some Trillium flowers.
trillium3A.jpg
trillium1A.jpg
trillium2A.jpg
And finally this year there are a couple of what I call "blue bell" plants, growing down there also. I've also dug some of those bulbs, and have them growing in a barrel out front of the house.
blue bells1.jpg
I have no idea what those large green leaves are, but they aren't part of the blue bell plant.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
We barely have grass starting to green up now. Should be getting a thunderstorm before too long, and then I think Spring will finally explode into full color.

Beautiful pics!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread